Our Christmas Surprise

Thursday, January 08, 2015 2 Comments A+ a-

This was it, the year we caved and finally became a video game console family.  Let me rewind a bit…

It wasn’t that we were against video games per se, but it wasn’t high on our priority list of things we wanted in the house.  However, as Jon and I were discussing Christmas ideas for the Littles, I blurted out that perhaps we should buy them a video game system.  We just stared at each other for about ten minutes before we both started grinning widely.  It was the perfect gift, and we knew the Littles would flip out on Christmas morning.

So we did our research, we asked for opinions and feedback, and bit the bullet, purchasing our very first video game system.

We threw around a few ideas of how to wrap the gift and present it to them, and finally we decided on doing a scavenger hunt.  I had the best time coming up with and creating clues that would lead the Littles around the house, in search of their big gift.  In fact, I think I had more fun with the scavenger hunt than they did…

ChristmasScavengerHunt

The reaction was exactly what I hoped for, and they’ve absolutely loved their new toy.  Its been such a great motivator with getting ready for school, chores, homework, etc. and Jon and I often wonder why we haven’t done this sooner.  We’re also hyper-vigilant about the time they spend on there, and thankfully there’s been only a few protests when we tell them its time to turn it off.

All in all, a fun Christmas morning., and definitely one for the memory book, er, blog.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

2 comments

Write comments
Linds
AUTHOR
7:38 PM delete

I just blogged about our video gaming debut too- haha! My boys paid for theirs themselves (we just got a VERY basic one since they're both still so young). And I totally agree- it's the best motivator EVER. The boys lost 10 minutes for fighting today, and you would've thought I had crushed Braydens SOUL. He pleaded with me to earn some of the minutes back, and they both were so good for the rest of the afternoon. haha!

Reply
avatar
Linds
AUTHOR
7:40 PM delete

and yay, you got the same system as us!!! What games did you get for your kids? So far we've only got Mario Kart, but I was looking for a few other good ones for them too (Brayden wants Lego Batman, but I am wondering if that is too mature for him still???).

Reply
avatar