Champagne and Cake x 2

Monday, March 31, 2014 4 Comments A+ a-

Celebrations

It has been a big year for the husbands in this family.  A big, big year.  And since we’re a family that supports, encourages, and stands in the gap during the hard times, you can bet we’re big on the celebration of the good times too.  We’ve had champagne and cake twice in the past forty-eight hours, so its clear that we’ve been busy celebrating.

In November, BIL Caleb went to state with his high school girls volleyball team.  And we were all there to celebrate their big win!  (Still one of my favorite highlights of the past six months!)  This past Saturday, we all gathered at my parents place to do a joint birthday/congratulations-on-the-promotion party for Jon.  Family and friends joined us for Jon’s favorite, barbeque.  And his dad also blessed us by smoking one of the salmon he caught while he was in Alaska last summer.  De-lic-ious!

Celebration1.1Jon swears he’s taking the toys off his birthday cake and putting them on his desk at work.

CelebrationCollage1.1Just some of the amazing spread we had on Saturday.  I could’ve eaten that whole salmon myself.

CelebrationCollage1.4Family and friends.  We’re so blessed!  And yes, Devyn Paige needs to stop growing up.

CelebrationCollage1.2You wouldn’t know it by these pictures, but these two were STRESSED out waiting for Monday.  Also.  Gross. 

CelebrationCollage1.3Oh wait…  sorry about that.  So proud of this guy and all of his hard work!

Celebration1.14Three generations of Glover men.  And I love each one dearly.

Celebration1.16The best birthday gift that Jon received.  His grandma wrote out the recipe he’s been requesting for years.  I don’t think I’ve seen a grin so big as when he handed that to me for safe keeping.

Then today, we all trekked to the CU-Boulder campus to watch BIL Jeremy defend his thesis.  I may not have known what a single word meant, as the words were about 10 feet above my head.  But I do know that Jeremy walked in a graduate student, and walked out as a doctor.  It was a proud moment for all of us, but especially my sister, Courtney, who also earned her PHT (putting him through).

CelebrationCollage2.1He requested no pictures during the presentation, so I snuck one in before he started.  And yep, that’s his name on the building announcement board.  I can actually say “tetrahydrofolate” thanks to a prior presentation he practiced on us a couple of years ago.  And that was the extent of the words I knew.

CelebrationCollage2.2The cake, the champagne, and the two leading ladies in Jeremy’s life.  You could tell that neither his wife or his mother took a deep breath until he was done.

CelebrationCollage2.3We go to take a quick tour of Jeremy’s lab.  I have no clue what he does there, but the view is gorgeous!

Celebration2.12Introducing Dr. and Mrs. Trausch.  That is sooooo weird to say.  And I’m willing to bet both will sleep very well tonight.

Yes, I do believe that champagne and cake was called for in both of these situations.  And I’d also like to put in a request that we coast on this hilltop for a while.  Its been such a relief to have some good moments and celebrations lately.

I will toast to that.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

4 comments

Write comments
Christine
AUTHOR
11:57 PM delete

What a great title, and yes, what a year for the guys in our lives! I'm so very proud of each one of them! We are blessed to call them "ours". :)
I think the story about the hot chocolate recipe is so sweet.

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
8:05 AM delete

I loved this post for so many different reasons. It has been such a happy year for the brothers-in-law and I am so glad we have been able to support them and celebrate with them. It meant a lot to us to have all of you there yesterday! Let the celebrations keep on coming!

Reply
avatar
Becky
AUTHOR
7:36 PM delete

Yay for celebrations! I love that your family celebrates things together, that's such a big deal Jenn! A family that celebrates together, stays together :)

Reply
avatar
Kelsey
AUTHOR
2:53 PM delete

So many great things to celebrate in your family lately! :)

P.S. That picture of Devin took my breath away...she is getting SO old!!

P.P.S. You are missed on Instagram!! Come baaaack!! ;)

Reply
avatar