In Her Time, In Her Way

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 5 Comments A+ a-

Reagan, from the moment I found out you were on the way, you have always done things your way.  You’re the only child of mine to arrive before their due date, a surprising two weeks early.  You have asserted your position in the family from the moment you entered our lives, never rushed or hurried.  Arriving at milestones and conclusions in your time, your way.  Never early or late, but always right on time.

You are the logical one.  I can see the wheels in your head turning as you process ideas.  You are not one to act on emotion or on impulse.  You like to think things through to their conclusion, inasmuch as a five-year-old is able.  You, my love, are a thinker.

So it was no surprise to me that you were taking your time to make a decision about accepting Christ into your heart.  Your older sister and brother were both four years old when they asked Jesus into their hearts, and I wondered when it would be your turn.  We’ve had the conversations time and time again.  But every time I asked if you were ready to take the next step, you’d shrug your slim shoulders and change the subject.  And I was ok with that because I knew that when you were finally ready, there’d be no holding you back.  I was more than happy to continue answering your questions, content with the small glimpses into your heart.  I knew God was at work with you.

Last night was a big night for you, Reagan.  I’d come home from a meeting and found out that it was Daddy who got to pray with you and welcome you into the kingdom of God.  You came running of your bedroom, eyes sparkling, wide smile, and almost leaped into my arms.  Before I could chastise you for not being asleep, you and Devyn announced that you became a Christian during bedtime prayers.  My Love, the excitement and joy I felt cannot be adequately explained here.

ABM_1389715725

Reagan Jacqueline, you are a light.  You are not one who is easily deterred or swayed.  You stand strong and I have no doubt that you will be used for great things in God’s kingdom.  I pray that you’ll always know how much your Father loves and cares for you, that you’ll always be aware of His grace.  I am so thrilled to have your name listed alongside ours in the Book of Life.  This journey as Follower of Christ is a wild one, and if anyone is up for the adventure, its you.  Welcome, my Love, hang on tight!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

5 comments

Write comments
Meghan
AUTHOR
11:13 AM delete

That is SO exciting! I remember being so excited that I was now a part of God's family and I was even more excited when my brothers and sisters came to me and told me they had asked God in their hearts,

Reply
avatar
Tracy
AUTHOR
1:19 PM delete

Oh, how exciting!!!! What a blessing!

Reply
avatar
Amber
AUTHOR
8:36 PM delete

This is so amazing!! Yay Reagan!!

Reply
avatar
Michelle
AUTHOR
1:41 PM delete

Love this! Brought tears to my eyes and so happy to hear Reagan is now part of our forever family! Thanks for writing Jenn!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
8:12 PM delete

This totally brought tears to my eyes! We love our Reagan Rea. She met me yesterday with this same announcement, wide eyes and a big smile. Love it!

Reply
avatar