I’ve lost my ever-loving mind.

Monday, October 28, 2013 3 Comments A+ a-

Usually I’m a “Thanksgiving is entitled to its own holiday, therefore Christmas doesn’t happen until the day after Thanksgiving and not a moment sooner” kind of girl.  Usually I roll my eyes at the Christmas decorations in the stores, the holiday music on the radio, and and any talk of Christmas is forbidden until the appropriate time.

However, apparently, I’ve lost my ever-loving mind.

On Saturday, we met up with Becky for our annual Christmas photo taking session.  (2010, 2011, and 2012.) And as I’m trying ever so hard to be patient for the sneak peeks (Becky, I’m failing miserably!), I decided to go online and get some inspiration for Christmas card designs.  I believe I wasted a good hour pulling together my favorites.

image

imageThis one cracked me up!  Seems appropriate for our family.

Then I stumbled across a Christmas craft that I thought would be fun to do with the kids, when then led to other google searches of similar ideas.

This of course led me to Hobby Lobby, where I wasted time wandered the aisles for a good hour or two.  I somehow found Christmas craft supplies in my cart and even contemplated buying a Christmas stock kit for Jon.  I was ::this close:: to purchasing it, but then I remembered that Santa doesn’t visit the adults in this house.  I bypassed the stocking kit, but I currently have a test run of ornaments baking in the oven.

And I’m fairly certain that Grammie’s Chex Mix will be making an appearance by the weekend.  Bring on the holiday spirit…  This year, I’m ready for it!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

3 comments

Write comments
Amber
AUTHOR
3:44 PM delete

I am the same way in believing that Thanksgiving deserves attention too! And you're ahead of the game girl on your Christmas pics. I haven't even thought about mine yet. OOPS!

Reply
avatar
7:34 PM delete

I sooo need to work on Christmas cards! McKayla and I have made the dough ornaments two years in a row with cookie cutters, then she painted them and gave them as gifts. LOVE that idea!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
9:03 PM delete

While I do believe I'll be more in the Christmas spirit this year than last, I'm not quite ready for Christmas stuff to make it's appearance yet. You HAVE lost your ever loving mind. ;) Can't wait to see the family photos!

Reply
avatar