And the Milestones Keep on Coming

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 6 Comments A+ a-

Devyn had her ears pierced when she’d just turned three years old.  And rarely, if ever, wears earrings.  I look at all the other girls with their pretty earrings and I sigh.  Someday she’ll wear earrings again, but it won’t be any time soon.

I vowed not to make that same mistake with Reagan and Ashlynn.  I was going to wait until they asked for it themselves.  I wanted it to be their idea, not mine.  Because let’s face it, at three years old, Devyn really could’ve cared less about pierced ears. 

Well, the past few weeks Reagan has been begging… and begging… and begging to get her ears pierced.  There were a few times that I thought my ears might bleed from the repetition.  But needless to say, we all survived and after this morning, Reagan is now the proud owners of new earrings. 

Reagan1

Reagan2So excited! I can’t even describe how excited she was for this next step of “big girl” status. Reagan3Marking her ears…
Reagan4Marking the other side. Reagan5First the left side.  (I’m the horrible mom who didn’t tell her what was used to pierce ears.)
Reagan6Then the right side.  (You can tell she had a better idea of what to expect this time around.) Reagan7All done!  And not a single tear!
Reagan8Happy. Happy. Happy. Reagan9Mama and the big girl, with her beautiful ears!

Whew!  I’d love for the milestones to slow down just a bit.  This mama needs a break from all the growing up that’s been happening around here.  Seriously.  How is a mama’s heart supposed to endure all of this?!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

6 comments

Write comments
Jamie
AUTHOR
3:12 PM delete

Looks like she took it like a champion! :) She is even cuter now :)

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
3:14 PM delete

She looks like such a big girl in those pictures! I love the worried look on the second ear. I never noticed how much she looks like that little girl from School of Rock, Caitlin Hale? Check her out, the similarities are kind of creepy.

Reply
avatar
Amber
AUTHOR
7:52 PM delete

She is such a cutie! I love that you let her decide when she wanted them done. I think that's better too! Makes her enjoy them more :)

Reply
avatar
9:06 PM delete

That is too cute! McK's were pierced as a baby, so she's always had them. I love buying sweet little stud earrings for her :)

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
9:48 PM delete

Such a big moment! She looks so beautiful and so grown up!

Reply
avatar
Ashley
AUTHOR
3:46 PM delete

She looks so proud! Precious!

Reply
avatar