2013 VBS, Kingdom Rock

Saturday, June 08, 2013 2 Comments A+ a-

If you follow me on Instagram, then you know that we had vacation bible school at our church.  Our church does things a little different than other churches do VBS.  In the past, I was able to sign the kids up, then drop them off and pick them up at the designated time.  During the years that I had babies, this was a wonderful set-up, and I’m still so thankful for those few hours of quiet while the Littles had fun at church.

But Summitview really encourages parents to get involved and create your own crews.  This means inviting friends and parents being the leader.  Not going to lie, I wasn’t sure how I felt about this, but I really wanted the Littles to go.  And as I warmed up to the idea, the Littles wanted to ask their friends Hannah and Nolan to go with us.  I may have hesitated just a moment, but quickly loved the idea and the next thing I know, we were packing up our full car and checking in every day this week by 9:30am.  And shockingly, on time.

VBS with the Littles and Friends

The Littles had an absolute blast!  And I’m so thankful for the time I had with the Littles.  The leaders, adults and teenagers, were amazing with the kids.  So patient, so supportive, so energetic.  Hudson even got to meet an older Hudson, and he was pretty much obsessed for the rest of the week.  Major kudos for older Hudson and his patience! 

It was exhausting… but so worth it.  And yes, I’m singing the VBS songs in my sleep.  Not even kidding.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

2 comments

Write comments
12:41 PM delete

Yay! I love VBS. I am teaching the 2 and 3 year olds this year, McK is on the dance team, and Michael is performing every night in a skit. I am so excited! Glad y'all had such a great week!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
7:02 AM delete

I really wish we didn't have VBS the same week as you guys. :( it would have been fun to see your kids get into it. Looks like everyone had a blast!

Reply
avatar