Life These Days

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 5 Comments A+ a-

Oh my goodness!  What a difference a few days make…  I can officially say that I’ve turned a corner and my meds are working again.  Whew!  Actually, in the past week, I’ve taken an anti-anxiety pill a couple of days.  This is progress, friends.  My appetite is back, and I’m actually eating full meals again.   I actually lost 10 pounds during those three weeks, because when I’m stressed out or am anxious, I have no appetite.  None.  So the eating is a good sign, the lack of need for anxiety meds, and the fact that I’m just feeling like myself again.

Yesterday Hudson had “baseball” tryouts.  This is where the kids show up and show the coaches their skill levels so they can be appropriately placed on teams.  He did an amazing job, and its fun to see how far his skills have come since last summer.  We also had a Jerry McGuire moment.  The older kids had tryouts at the same time and one of their baseballs came flying over the fence and Hudson ran to grab it and throw it back.  It made me laugh to hear the awe in the big kids voices as they told him, “Good throw, Dude!” and “Wow!”  You can imagine Hudson walked away a little taller than normal.

Side note:  Don’t you just love kids confidence?!  I was biting the inside of my mouth to keep from laughing when I heard Hudson and another boy in line telling each other what great ball players they were.  “I’m a great hitter!"  “I am too!  And a great thrower too!”  Ha!

It sounds like summer starts for many at this end of this week, but no such luck here.  We have one more week and I, for one, can’t wait for summer.  I’m actually really looking forward to some quality time with the Littles.  This will be the first year that I feel Ashlynn is really old enough to do more things and be more active.  I have several hikes and swimming days planned.  I’m just looking forward to having them all together again for a few months.  Of course, our grocery bills will rise considerably, but it’ll be worth it.

Devyn has finally caught on to the whole bike riding thing.  Last year when Hudson took off on his two-wheeler, Devyn was a bit more cautious and really just stayed away from her bike most of the summer.  But within the past month, she finally got it.  Now its all she wants to do.  Actually, its all any of the LIttles want to do.  I won’t be at all surprised if Reagan is riding a two-wheeler by the end of the summer too.  Ahhhhh.  To be a kid again.

The last day of school is also our 11th wedding anniversary.  11 years.  Can someone explain to me how that’s even possible?!  We’ll actually celebrate 15 years together in October.  Seriously.  I can barely remember life before Jon.  After the rock he’s been this past month, I’m even more sure I’d be completely lost without him.  And now that I’m healthy again, it’ll be my turn to return the favor.  Jon’s boss is retiring at the end of the year and Jon has started debating whether or not he wants to apply for the junior foreman position.  I’m really ok with whatever decision he makes, but I know he’ll stress about it until everything is settled.

I’ve been having some vivid dreams lately that we find out I’m pregnant with #5.  So vivid, in fact, that I googled the failure rate of vasectomies.  Bad idea.  I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, it is never a good idea to ask Dr. Google for answers.  Ha!

As far as Munchkin Land Designs is concerned, I’ve started working with a local programmer and I can’t begin to tell you how much stress this has lifted from my life.  We originally met him for computer repair, and local folks, if you ever want the name of someone who is fast, reliable, and affordable, let me know.  We’ve been to him several times and he is worth his weight in gold.  So much more affordable than Geek Squad.  But we’ve also started working on a few website projects together and I really can’t thank him enough for his time and efforts. 

Starting in June, I’m also going to start weekends off.  Wait, what’s that you say?!  Yeah…  Despite the occasional weekend off, every few months, I usually work every single day.  But that’s changing.  I will not be answering emails or working on drafts on Saturdays or Sundays.  This is really one of the best decisions I could have made for myself, my family, and yes, even my business.  This will be a really good thing!  And I’m also choosing to believe that God will provide enough clients for our NEEDS.

A week from Saturday, Ashlynn will be two and a half years old.  And her attitude seriously reflects that age.  She is absolutely the baby of the family, and knows it.  She cocks her head, bats her eyelashes, and we’re all butter in her hands.  From Daddy to Reagan, all of us will run to her beck and call.  Except that Mama is getting kind of tired of the “entitled” attitude and we’re starting to work on that.  Now if I could just get the rest of the family on board with the same game plan.  Lord, help me. 

I believe that’s catches y’all up with us!  Thank you SO much for your prayers these past few weeks!  I definitely felt cupped in His hands, grace, and protection.  I’m thrilled to be on the other side of that cliff.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

5 comments

Write comments
Claire T
AUTHOR
10:35 AM delete

Sounds like you're in a really good place sweetie - I'm so glad :)

Reply
avatar
Taylor
AUTHOR
10:50 AM delete

I'm so happy you're feeling better!!! This whole post just made me smile!! Hugs, friend!

Reply
avatar
Momof4Girls
AUTHOR
10:59 AM delete

Jenn, I'm so glad that you are feeling sooo much better!! Praise God!!! You were pretty scary for a few weeks!! Soo thankful that God answers prayers and walks alongside us in the valleys of life. We love you, Munchkin!!:)

Reply
avatar
Jamie
AUTHOR
11:35 AM delete

I'm so glad you are doing better! <3

Reply
avatar
Cari B
AUTHOR
8:28 AM delete

Jenn - as someone who struggles with anxiety, I am so glad to see that you're feeling better. It's such a nasty beast to fight but you are winning my friend!

Reply
avatar