In That Moment

Friday, May 24, 2013 6 Comments A+ a-

Its that moment when my children join in singing one of our favorite worship songs.  Their off-key, yet sincere, voices rising to the top of our van.  Its that moment when Jon reaches his hand across the console to grip mine and squeeze.  Its that moment when my heart rises into my throat and tears threaten my eyes.  Because in that moment… no matter that I feel like I’m doing everything wrong and I question every parental decision… in that moment… I know we’re doing something right. 

My cup overflows.




I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

6 comments

Write comments
Momof4Girls
AUTHOR
6:29 AM delete

Oh my heart!!! Is there nothing more precious than to hear the voices of children singing praises to our Lord!!! Pure, unabandoned worship!!! :)How He must smile at them!! Thanks for sharing that, Jenn. I love it, and all of you.....:)

Reply
avatar
8:29 AM delete

This is so sweet, Jenn! I played this and when I turned it off... McKayla kept singing. We are blessed!

Reply
avatar
Jody
AUTHOR
9:11 AM delete

That is so precious! Such sweet voices!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
11:25 AM delete

Oh how I love those moments too! Glad you were able to "capture" that moment on here. :)

Reply
avatar
~Sue
AUTHOR
6:39 PM delete

Big smile and heart squeeze!

Reply
avatar
12:58 PM delete

This is so precious!!!!

Reply
avatar