Monthly Recap, March 2013

Monday, April 22, 2013 1 Comments A+ a-

This is only about 21 days late, but whatever.  Right?  I wish I had a better excuse than being busy, but it is what it is.  I’ve been busy living life these days.  But I definitely wanted to get this up here, so without further ado, March recap.

MarchCollage

  1. Our leprechaun showed up again this year, and continued to make quite a mess.  Green crepe paper thrown everywhere, green “pee” in the toilet, green and  gold confetti.  I’m still cleaning up after our visitor.  But the kids love it so much and the extra work is totally worth it.  The only downside is that Devyn figured out that its actually Mama behind the magic, but that’s another post for another day.
  2. We spent the morning riding bikes with Hudson’s best friend.  These two are inseparable, which is going to be hard when Holden and his family move to Texas this coming weekend.
  3. A night with friends.  An amazing dinner, drinks, and poker.  Need I say more?
  4. We took Devyn and Hudson skiing, compliments of “Uncle” Drew.  The kids had a blast, I fell in love with a brand-new resort, and I already am looking forward to next year’s ski trips.
  5. We started a milk delivery with Royal Crest and I LOVE it.  Every week, they fill our weekly order and like magic, it shows up.  Just as we’re running out.  I honestly don’t know why we haven’t done this before.  And the best part is, I don’t have to wonder what hormones or feed the cows are eating.  Good stuff.
  6. We found out the my sister and her husband are expecting a girl in July.  We’re so excited to meet little, miss Kayley Louise!  Its coming soon!
  7. Hudson has turned into a huge helper lately!  He’s buckling his sisters in their car seats, he held my hand during a blood draw (routine blood work), and even made me a cup of coffee this day.  You can tell he’s really starting to take his role as big brother and protector seriously.
  8. We had a wildfire in March.  Yep, you read that right.  In March.  I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little worried about what this summer will be like…  But we’ve also had some big snowstorms the past couple of weeks, and while I’m ready for spring, the moisture is badly needed!
  9. We’re going to become an aunt and uncle for a third time this year!  Jon’s younger brother and his wife announced they’re expecting in the fall.  Their due date is the exact same due date we had for Devyn.  Such a weird coincidence!
  10. I stepped foot in the Atlantic Ocean for the very first time at 33 years of age.  Jon and I flew down to Florida to spend some time with his mom and stepdad.  It was an amazing trip!
  11. While we were there, we spent a whole day exploring Key West and fell in love with the place!  Quite simply, we’re ready to go back again!
  12. Mommy and Daddy had a relaxing and rejuvenating 6 days away.  We came home rested and ready to do the parenting thing again.
  13. We arrived at this gorgeous home for a long weekend with my family.  Yep.  My whole family.  My parents, four sisters, four husbands, six grandchildren, and two babies in-utero.  All in all, it was a really fun weekend and I’m so glad we did it.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

1 comments:

Write comments
10:35 AM delete

What a great month! I hope Hudson does okay when his buddy leaves. Special trips to the police station should help ;)

The house y'all stayed at looks amazing. I need a break like that!

Reply
avatar