Jon Answers

Friday, March 08, 2013 6 Comments A+ a-

I saw this idea on Deidre’s blog and have been wanting to do it with Jon ever since.  He was game for it and laughed through most of the “interview”.  He’s a good sport when it comes to stuff like this and the blog.  Poor guy.

563514_10152619706605193_1275622800_n2How long have we been married?
10 years.  10 years… and, um… almost 11 years.  10 years, 7 months? 
{Um, actually Babe, we’re at 10 years, 10 months.}

Where was our first date?
My house.  We watched a movie. 
{I have NO clue what movie we watched because it was over 15 years ago.}

Where was our first kiss?
In the basement. 
{My sisters would be quick to point out that the first kiss and the first date happened on the same night.  Scandalous.}

Who first said "I Love You"?
You did.
{Argument ensued here, as I kindly pointed out that it was actually Jon who said it first… but whatever.}

When did you know you wanted to marry me?
I’m going to say… August of 1999. I just knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you.
{This was the summer that we broke up for about six weeks.  We both knew we wanted to marry each other after that break up.}

What were our wedding colors?
Weren’t they peach and white?  Weren’t they?! 
{Nope, my darling, our colors were peach and black.}

What was your favorite thing about our wedding?
Sitting at the head table knowing that you and I paid for it.  And that it was over and no more planning.
{Its true. We both worked two jobs during our engagement to pay for the wedding. We had help from both sets of parents, but the majority of it was paid by Jon and I.}

What will I say is my least favorite thing about our wedding?
That the florist messed up the flowers.
{I chose peach roses as the main focus of the wedding since they were my great-grandmother’s favorite flower.  Imagine my horror when I saw my bridal bouquet the day before the wedding and they were pink, not peach.  Luckily the florist was able to fix it!}

What is the best meal I have ever cooked you?
The grilled chicken and honey mustard pasta… 
{He also said this question doesn’t really apply since I don’t cook that much.  I’d hang my head in shame, but he’s right.  I don’t like cooking all that much.}

What is the worst meal I have ever cooked you?
The stupid beans and ham hocks.  I hate that meal.
{Pinto beans with ham hocks and tortillas were one of my favorite meals growing up.  Jon refuses to eat it.  Therefore I make it for the Littles and I on nights when I know he’s working.}

What would I say is your most annoying habit?
My chewing. 
{Making an appearance for the first time on the blog, since he admitted to it and doesn’t care that the world knows, Jon chews.  Its disgusting and I’m ready for him to stop.  But he’s been doing it since he was 15 years old.  He’s quit once and I’m sure he will again.}

What would you say is your most favorite thing about me?
Your loyalty to family. 
{This was not his original answer.  His originally said my butt.  Awesome.}

What's my favorite drink?
What kind of drink?  Alcohol?  Non-alcohol?  Either a Java Chip frappechino from Starbucks, or a Moscato wine.
{Dead on with this answer.  He knows me well.}

What's my favorite food?
Mexican.
{Jon doesn’t eat Mexican food.  I know.  There’s something wrong with him.  I married a Gringo for sure!}

What is my favorite thing to do?
Read.  {When’s the last time he saw me reading?}  Ok, then Facebook, blogging, or instagramming.  {Ha!}

What color do I wear the most?
Black.
{I very much gravitate to dark colors like black and reds, but with Courtney’s help, I’m determined to add some more color to my wardrobe this spring.}

What do you wish I would spend more time doing?
Laundry. 
{I knew what his answer was going to be before I even asked him.  Sad, but true.}

What makes me happiest?
A clean kitchen and living room.  {He got The Look here.  That makes me happy?  Or makes him happy?}  I don’t know…. Spending time with me and the kids, without tv or a computer. {Our weekends away to the cabin make me very happy!}

How many kids did I want?
4. 
{Jon wanted three, I wanted four.  Our compromise was three pregnancies, and I prayed fervently for twins.  But then, surprise!  Ashlynn showed up.}

What's the funniest thing about me?
Watching you get angry at other drivers.  Its hilarious!  And you’re as bad at driving as they are.  
{I really am a bad driver.  And I get easily annoyed with other drivers.} 

What do I consider a good date?
No kids. 
{True story.  We don’t even have to do anything, just a break from the kids is a good date.}

What would the perfect day look like for me?
No kids.  {Another look.}  I don’t know…  Kids obeying and not fighting?  {Honestly. I’d say my perfect day would be a day in the mountains.  A picnic, a hike, playing in the river.  Now THAT sounds amazing.}

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

6 comments

Write comments
Meghan
AUTHOR
10:15 AM delete

So scandalous that you kissed on your first date, tsk tsk! Lol :D

Reply
avatar
10:22 AM delete

This is awesome! The worst meal answer cracked me up!

Reply
avatar
10:43 AM delete

I hate chewing tobaccao. Ick. I've dated guys that chew - glad you can live with it! LOL.

Reply
avatar
Meghan
AUTHOR
2:58 PM delete

I love this! I agree with Lindsey - the meal question had me laughing!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
10:51 PM delete

I'm so with Jon on hating the beans and ham dinner. I always hated hat meal too. Fun interview. I'd like to try this with Caleb.

Reply
avatar
MommaBird.net
AUTHOR
11:44 PM delete

I love the interview! What a great idea and I love Jon's answers on what his favorite thing about you is, men :)

Reply
avatar