February Highlights, a Recap
With such immediate access to social media these days, I forget that the blog sometimes doesn’t get to see the light of our day-to-day activities and milestones. I decided to start highlighting the top 10 moments of each month for the blog’s sake. And I meant to start this last month, but as usual, I forgot.
- Jon and I got to see a movie alone for the first time since, uh, well, I can’t even remember how long its been. Which says a lot. But before we saw The Hobbit, Ashlynn and babysitter, Aunt Courtney, joined us for dinner. I ADORE this shot of Jon and his youngest girl. Be still my heart!
- I left my laptop alone for a few minutes, seconds really, before I asked Jon to make sure Ashlynn doesn’t do anything to it. Alas, it was a minute too late and coffee was spilled all over the keyboard and effectively shorting it. This was my “ghetto” laptop while we waited for parts to arrive. Good times.
- We watched the Super Bowl at Courtney’s house, and my uncle and his kids came too. This is Thomas. Hudson adores him, and as you can see, Ashlynn does too. Thomas LOVES kids, he has such a way with them and I’m so glad I got to catch this moment.
- This girl, our Devyn Paige, started playing volleyball through the local recreation department. It was for grades 1st-3rd. She still has two more games left and it’s so much fun to watch skills progress throughout the season. I’m hoping for just one serve over the net by the end of the season.
- Ashlynn decided that it was high time she start keeping up with the big kids. Imagine my delight, surprise, and sadness to witness her throwing herself into a somersault like it was no big deal. Oy. Its going so very fast.
- Dad and I got to go the CSU vs. San Diego State men’s basketball game for his Christmas gift. We’ve been going to CSU basketball games for years, and we both agree, this was one of the most fun games we’ve experienced. The crowd was pumped when CSU (ranked #24) beat San Diego (ranked #22) in the final minutes of the game. Final score, 66-60.
- This little man turned six years old! This is beyond my comprehension and I’m more than a little sad at how fast he’s growing up. I think the saddest thing of all is that he’s requested we no longer call him Bobo. Except Ashlynn of course, SHE can still call him that.
- On President’s Day, when all the Littles were home from school, Reagan crawled on top of the table and gave a rousing concert during lunch. There’s just something about a meal and a show. Seriously, this girl has no problems with self-esteem. At all.
- February 2013 will be known as the month I lost my mind and decided to undertake a huge painting project. Gone was the brown accent walls and mustard yellow kitchen. In its place are soothing gray (taupe-ish) walls and purple accent walls. Jon and I love the new look. And yes, I hope to post before and after pictures
- Jon’s cousin, Tim and their band, Churchill, are riding a huge wave of momentum right now. Seriously. I can’t believe how much has changed since Christmas. And when we found out they were giving a free mini-concert in town, Jon and I made plans to go listen. It was a last-minute, middle-of-the-week date and we had a blast! Although, it further convinced me that I’m too old to be joining the likes of college-aged coeds in a bar, on a weekday mid-afternoon. Ha!
And I would be remiss if I didn’t point out that THE highlight of the month, was hearing that Dad is officially cancer free. I’m still over the moon on that news!