A sigh of relief.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10 Comments A+ a-

This was the day we’ve been waiting for since that fateful day in November.  After Dad’s surgery last month, the initial pathology reports were promising.  They truly believed that they had removed all of the cancer from Dad’s body. 

But I was waiting for today’s blood test results with bated breath.  And so very pleased to finally get the reassurance that Dad is now cancer free!

DaddyHe actually let me take a picture of him after the appointment.  This is something he rarely does, which goes to show just how relieved he is about the news. 

They’ll monitor him closely over the next few years.  But I can’t begin to explain the sigh of relief I gave after hearing the results.  Thankful doesn’t even come close to how I feel at the moment.  And as crazy as he’s made me the past six weeks he’s been home (the man NEEDS to work, what can I say), I’m so thrilled to have many, many, many more years with him.

rainhappinessThank you, Lord!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

10 comments

Write comments
Holly
AUTHOR
7:41 PM delete

Again, I can't say how happy I am for him and all of you!!! God is good :)

Reply
avatar
Ashley
AUTHOR
9:28 PM delete

YAY! So so glad y'all got some good news! I know so many prayers have been answered!

Reply
avatar
Vicki
AUTHOR
9:46 PM delete

YAY! Such good news!!!!

Reply
avatar
2:33 AM delete

I'm so happy for him and your family! :)

Reply
avatar
Lauren
AUTHOR
6:49 AM delete

I am just thrilled for ALL of y'all!!! Such great, great news!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Reply
avatar
Brigitte
AUTHOR
9:39 AM delete

Wonderful news!

Reply
avatar
10:00 AM delete

Wonderful news! Praise the Lord!!!

Reply
avatar
Annie
AUTHOR
3:49 PM delete

That's such good news!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
9:05 PM delete

Still crying tears of joy over this! God is so good! I LOVE that quote you put at the end.

Reply
avatar