- I’ve been talking to friend, and photographer extraordinaire, Becky Young about fall family portraits and color palettes. I think I’m leaning towards a navy blue-gray-pink combination this year. P.S. I love getting to swap services with my talented friends. Its one of the perks of my job.
- I firmly believe that one of the best things about fall are pumpkin patches and corn mazes. We have scheduled our outing in October and some cousins will be coming with us. It’ll be good to get together outside of cancer, comas, and funerals.
- I am going slightly stir crazy. Ashlynn started vomiting on Tuesday morning and slowly everyone (with the exception of Devyn and myself) have taken a turn. Once one gets sick, I can inevitably count on the fact that we’ll be house bound for a good 5-7 days. But tomorrow, I may take a turn through a drive-through somewhere. Anywhere. I just need out.
- Oh Broncos. That was a nasty game on Monday night. Grandma always had the best commentary during Broncos game and she would've been especially punchy during that game. It was an ugly game, both the playing and the refereeing. Lets hope both sides get their acts together. And soon.
- In keeping with the blue-gray-pink theme, I fell in love with this dress. But I’m not willing to spend $250+ on it. Especially used. So, its back to the drawing board for me. I’m in desperate need of fashion help. I might be missing that gene too.
- Late one night, a client posted a picture of some jewelry and I fell in love. I promptly contacted her and within a few days ordered myself a necklace, including the letter “G” for our last name, a Blessed disc (which matches my tattoo), and each child’s birthstone. Happy Birthday to me! It arrived on Wednesday and I’m crazy about it. Definitely go check out Origami Owl necklaces. You won’t be disappointed.
- Don’t these look amazing? I’m not sure what it is about fall, but it brings out the baking in me. And these pumpkin cookies with the cinnamon icing are just begging to be made. Which brings me to #9 below.
- I was looking through my blog the other day and stumbled upon our family page. Whoa, time travel. It looks like I hadn’t updated that page in years. There were pictures of Devyn holding Reagan… as a baby! Um, time to dust off the cobwebs. So I finally updated that page and will probably be revamping this site again soon. But you know what they say about the cobbler and his children’s shoes, the saying also applies to designers and themselves… and their sisters. Ha!
- These pretty shoes have made their way into my closet. I’m getting ready to break them in because… wait for it… I’ve decided to start running. Something has to change about this slowing metabolism. And four kids. And gravity. Sigh. Wish me luck. I’m going to need it.