9x9 Randomness

Thursday, September 20, 2012 6 Comments A+ a-

Collage
  1. I’ve been talking to friend, and photographer extraordinaire, Becky Young about fall family portraits and color palettes.  I think I’m leaning towards a navy blue-gray-pink combination this year.  P.S. I love getting to swap services with my talented friends.  Its one of the perks of my job.

  2. I firmly believe that one of the best things about fall are pumpkin patches and corn mazes.  We have scheduled our outing in October and some cousins will be coming with us.  It’ll be good to get together outside of cancer, comas, and funerals.

  3. I am going slightly stir crazy.  Ashlynn started vomiting on Tuesday morning and slowly everyone (with the exception of Devyn and myself) have taken a turn.  Once one gets sick, I can inevitably count on the fact that we’ll be house bound for a good 5-7 days. But tomorrow, I may take a turn through a drive-through somewhere.  Anywhere.  I just need out.

  4. Oh Broncos.  That was a nasty game on Monday night.  Grandma always had the best commentary during Broncos game and she would've been especially punchy during that game.  It was an ugly game, both the playing and the refereeing.  Lets hope both sides get their acts together.  And soon.

  5. In keeping with the blue-gray-pink theme, I fell in love with this dress.  But I’m not willing to spend $250+ on it.  Especially used.  So, its back to the drawing board for me.  I’m in desperate need of fashion help.  I might be missing that gene too.

  6. Late one night, a client posted a picture of some jewelry and I fell in love.  I promptly contacted her and within a few days ordered myself a necklace, including the letter “G” for our last name, a Blessed disc (which matches my tattoo), and each child’s birthstone.  Happy Birthday to me!  It arrived on Wednesday and I’m crazy about it.  Definitely go check out Origami Owl necklaces.  You won’t be disappointed.

  7. Don’t these look amazing?  I’m not sure what it is about fall, but it brings out the baking in me.  And these pumpkin cookies with the cinnamon icing are just begging to be made.  Which brings me to #9 below.

  8. I was looking through my blog the other day and stumbled upon our family page.  Whoa, time travel.  It looks like I hadn’t updated that page in years.  There were pictures of Devyn holding Reagan… as a baby!  Um, time to dust off the cobwebs.  So I finally updated that page and will probably be revamping this site again soon.  But you know what they say about the cobbler and his children’s shoes, the saying also applies to designers and themselves… and their sisters.  Ha!

  9. These pretty shoes have made their way into my closet.  I’m getting ready to break them in because… wait for it… I’ve decided to start running.  Something has to change about this slowing metabolism. And four kids. And gravity.  Sigh.  Wish me luck.  I’m going to need it.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

6 comments

Write comments
Elizabeth
AUTHOR
4:51 AM delete

I'm searching for colors for our family pics in a few weeks myself...I figure I'll pick out my daughter's outfit first & then coordinate ours around hers.

LOVE that necklace!! I may have to check out their site & add one to my wish list.

I just started the C25K plan yesterday...I am so not a runner.

And love your blog too. :)

Reply
avatar
Mandy
AUTHOR
5:51 AM delete

I'm a big fan of the navy blue and pink! I'm loving those sneakers as well...might have to get a pair of my own. I hope the sickies leave your house soon!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
2:51 PM delete

Ooh, I lOVE your color scheme. Can't wait to see it come together. :)
Love the necklace too.
I do hope you get a chance to get out. It's so hard to be stuck at home due to sickness.
As far as the running, good for you! I think you'll be surprised at how quickly you see and feel the benefits.

Reply
avatar
12:13 PM delete

I love the pink & navy combo. One of my favs!
And girrrrrl, you have a tattoo?! I wanna see a picture! That necklace is so cute, I def have to check out that site!

Reply
avatar
Andrea
AUTHOR
11:21 PM delete

What about this dress instead? http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/about-the-artist-dress

ModCloth has tons of cute stuff for way cheap!

Reply
avatar
12:40 PM delete

Love the color pallette for the photos - will look very good!! And hooray for #9 and running. And you make me laugh, my dear!!! Always.

Reply
avatar