Conversations With Hudson

Monday, July 16, 2012 5 Comments A+ a-

I wasn’t quite sure what he’d said.  Something about tic-tac-toe, so I asked him to repeat himself.

“Boys eat tic-tac-toes so they smell good and girls like them.”

Hmmmmm. No clue.  Then a light went off.

“Oh, Bud, do you mean tic tacs?” I asked.

“Yeah!  I’m eating tic tacs so I smell good, then a girl will like me and we’ll get married.”

It took everything in me to not smile, I had to bite the inside of my cheek very hard.  “Are you trying to get married already?”

“Yeah, I wanna get married.”

“Oh, ok.  Do you know who you’re going to marry?” I couldn’t believe this conversation was happening.  But then again, this was the same kid who yelled at his sister to move so he could watch the kissing scene in Night at the Museum, Battle of the Smithsonian.  I kid you not.

“Mama!  I don’t know who!”

Well, duh, I should’ve known that. “Well, is she nice?” I wondered. “Does she love Jesus?”

“I hope her does,” was Hudson’s response.  Then he continued, “But I don’t wanna kiss her.”

Well, this was a nice surprise.  Considering.  “Really, Bud?  But married people kiss.”

He paused.  “Well, I’ll just cover my eyes when it comes to the kissing part at the wedding.”  Then just like that the conversation turned to back to baseball and bad guys. 

Oh, I’m in trouble, my friends.  Big trouble.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

5 comments

Write comments
6:46 AM delete

That is too cute!! McK is still very concerned about Michael and I changing in the same room! haha

Reply
avatar
Laura
AUTHOR
10:54 AM delete

Oh my goodness - how sweet!

Reply
avatar
Meagan
AUTHOR
3:17 PM delete

I love it!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
10:41 PM delete

This is hilarious! Love him! I'm so not ready to have conversations like this with Ethan. Good thing we both have some time. ;)

Reply
avatar
{annie_loo}
AUTHOR
2:13 PM delete

OH MY WORD! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

This is precious!!!!!

Reply
avatar