Beauty From Ashes

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 2 Comments A+ a-

I couldn’t have picked a better place to spend my weekend than in Colorado Springs for a Beth Moore conference.  I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again and again, she is truly an inspiring teacher.  I came home motivated and encouraged in ways I haven’t felt in a while.  I needed this weekend.  More than even I knew.

The compassion that she and her team had for the victims of Colorado’s fires were palpable.  It was evident in her words and actions that their hearts were heavy for this state.  Beauty will rise from these ashes, as she repeated often during the conference.  I’m clinging to this hope and truth.  And not just because of our burning state; there are other areas in my life to which this applies. 

I wanted to give y’all a quick update on the quick the mini-fundraiser we had here this past week.

First of all, wow.  Thank you for the kind thoughts and emails.  Thank you for the prayers and warm words.  Thank you to those who reached out.  Thank you to those who donated money and thank you for thinking of the firefighters and victims.

So overall, $175 was raised.  And while I was intending to shop for the victims directly, an opportunity arose that was too good to ignore.  Living Proof Ministries pledged to match every dollar donated to Samaritan’s Purse at the Beth Moore conference.  Money that is already being used to help victims rebuild their lives.  After a quick text/message to the donors, they all agreed to let me donate the money here.  And I’m so happy to report that $85,000 was raised.  And Living Proof will be matching that dollar for dollar.  Praise God!

I know that someone else is sending another $100 in Walmart gift cards for victims and I’ll get those into the right hands for disbursement to victims.

And last, but certainly not least, thank you to those who sent cards and letters thanking the firefighters for a job well done!  I’ve had two different teachers send cards that their kids created and a few families sent cards as well.  The Littles and I are planning to deliver those later this week.

Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart!  It was heartwarming to see people reach out and definitely restored my faith in humanity!

The High Park Fire is now 100% contained, which means that while the fire still burns, the firefighters have created a strong perimeter and are confident that now it’s just a matter of mopping up and waiting for the fire to burn itself out. 

Hallelujah and Amen.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

2 comments

Write comments
8:02 AM delete

All of this is wonderful news! How amazing that so much money was raised! I am attending my first women's conference in October with my MIL and I cannot wait!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
8:32 AM delete

Amen Amen! It's amazing to see how much was raised at the conference and how much you were able to donate through this blog! SO cool!

Reply
avatar