Day 9 of 30

Sunday, June 10, 2012 4 Comments A+ a-

When you go into the laundry room to retrieve the curtains you washed earlier in the day and notice the waterfall coming from the vent in the ceiling, you know its bad.  Then as you make your way upstairs and walk past the water running down the walls, then notice the water squishing under your feet, you know its going to be expensive.  And as you walk into your master bath and step into three inches of water, you want nothing more than to curl into the fetal position and cry.

0609122122bThis is what happens when Devyn Paige forgets to turn off the faucet and lets water run for 30-40 minutes.  This is what happens when you’re playing outside with the Littles and don’t hear a running faucet until you come in to make dinner.  This is what happens when your husband goes away on a weekend fishing trip with the brothers.  And no, I have no idea where the water shut-off valve is located. Never crossed my mind that I should know that important tidbit of information.

We’re currently tucked away at my parents house while floors have been ripped up, carpet and pads are turned back, floorboards taken off, walls punctured, fans whirring, and dehumidifiers dry out our soaked house.  And while punishment has yet to be determined, Devyn’s offer to give me back the $5 she earned last night has eased the mad a little. Considering its everything she has, I know she means well.

Oy. What a night.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

4 comments

Write comments
Lindsey
AUTHOR
10:43 AM delete

So sorry hun. While I haven't had to endure something like this with Connor yet, I know with kids it is only a matter of time. Hang in there!

Reply
avatar
~Sue
AUTHOR
12:38 PM delete

Oh dear. Oh dear. you and Amy must feel the need to continue shared experiences however awful! Thankful for things like parents and insurance.

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
4:19 PM delete

That part about Devyn just about broke my heart. Poor girl and poor you guys!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
11:04 PM delete

Oh man. So so sad. I'm sure Devyn felt horrible.

Reply
avatar