Day 7 of 30

Thursday, June 07, 2012 2 Comments A+ a-

StormStorm rolling in…

There’s nothing like a phone call from the husband mid-coffee date to inform you that he and the Littles are hunkered down in the basement due to a tornado warning.  Its gets the blood pumping.   Not to mention the most awesome lightning storm taking place outside the coffee shop windows.

When I finally got the all-clear from Jon to come home, he told me to head west, then north, to make sure I avoided the ping-pong ball, sized hail.  So I did.

And felt like I was in a live version of Storm Chasers as car after car pulled over to witness the breathtaking lightning storm.  This is the best I could do with a phone camera.  It was awe inspiring.

Lightning

I will say… I don’t understand the couples who were making a date of it.  It was a gorgeous sight, but no way in heck was I going to cuddle under a blanket and make a night of it.  Get me home!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

2 comments

Write comments
Elle
AUTHOR
9:30 AM delete

That's what I love about living in Kansas. The summer storms are like no other! We have to go to our basement about twice a year for tornadoes but I've never experienced one in my 19 years of life. Knock on wood!

Reply
avatar
DeeDee
AUTHOR
1:53 PM delete

Yikes...scary!! glad you are all safe.

Reply
avatar