A Weekend Away

Thursday, May 03, 2012 9 Comments A+ a-

The big one is coming up.

On the 31st we’re going to celebrate 10 years of marriage… TEN YEARS. I’m not really sure how that’s possible since I’m still only 22 years old. Ha!

Now aside from one weekend when I was pregnant with Hudson, I really don’t think we’ve gone away for a whole weekend, just the two of us, in those ten years.  (I could be mistaken, so don’t quote me on that.)  Regardless, its been a long, long, LONG time since we’ve shared a weekend alone, just the two of us.  (Side note, my brain instantly when into song mode at the words “just the two of us.” Cheesy!)

So since we put off planning an anniversary trip until the last minute, our hopes for somewhere tropical when down the tubes.  Its our own fault, we’re procrastinators.  And there’s the tiny fact that neither of us have renewed our passports since we were teenagers. No big deal. 

But we still needed to celebrate this momentous milestone and unlike anniversaries three through nine, I’m neither pregnant or breastfeeding, so a weekend away is just what the doctor ordered. 

We have the babysitter lined up (thank you, Mom and Dad!), we’ve reserved our mountain vacation home, we’re going to take Jon’s dad’s Porsche (thank you, Dave!), and we’re heading to a mountain resort town for a long weekend.

Steamboat3Oh happy day!  I cannot begin to explain the giddiness I feel in knowing this trip is just a few weeks away.  We have a very loose idea of what we’ll be doing that weekend…

I’ll be doing this…ReadingCollage

…while he’s doing this.Fishing Collage

Maybe we’ll do one or two of these…MaybeCollage

These are non-negotiable!DefinitelyCollage  And for all of you with dirty minds, I’m referring to SLEEP.

I seriously cannot wait to get away with my love.  Its has been far too long and I really don’t care where we go to celebrate the life we’ve created together, as long as we get to celebrate it.  We’ve worked very hard to have the marriage we do, and we definitely don’t take it for granted!

Steamboat2Happy 10 years to us!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

9 comments

Write comments
Neely
AUTHOR
2:38 PM delete

You for sure deserve it!'

Reply
avatar
2:49 PM delete

So fun! This makes me miss Colorado! Happy 10 years...we celebrate our 10th anniversary this August. But, we aren't going anywhere since I am due with #3 10 days before our anniversary. We are going to postpone our anniversary trip. *sigh*

Reply
avatar
Meghan
AUTHOR
6:12 PM delete

Aww! It looks positively perfect! Happy Anniversary! Enjoy every second!

Reply
avatar
Becky
AUTHOR
9:35 PM delete

YAY! You guys soooo deserve some time away to yourselves! And what a beautiful spot you've picked! I hope that it is a weekend full of relaxation, laughter and beautiful time together! Congrats on (almost) 10 years, that is a pretty big deal my friend ;)

Reply
avatar
Andy
AUTHOR
10:18 PM delete

Just popped over from Kelly's Corner. Happy Anniversary! We just celebrated 15. We live in Colorado now too!

Reply
avatar
Jessica
AUTHOR
10:58 PM delete

Congratulations on 10 years! We are celebrating 8 in June, so you are two up on us. :) Marriages are hard, and add kids to the mix, and it is even harder. Congratulations on making your marriage a priority & for getting away alone with your hubby! You deserve it!!!

Reply
avatar
Jennifer
AUTHOR
6:05 AM delete

Have a GREAT time! We're celebrating our 10-year in August...right after we have a baby. ;-)

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
4:45 PM delete

I'm so glad you guys are getting away. You definitely need and deserve to.
I can't believe it's been 10 years! Where has the time gone?

Reply
avatar
Meghan
AUTHOR
11:07 AM delete

Congrats to you and Jon on ten years :D

Reply
avatar