Happy Mother’s Day

Sunday, May 13, 2012 3 Comments A+ a-

Image-1006Because of you four, I finally understand what all the great sonnets, authors, and wise souls have penned about motherhood.  One can not understand or describe motherhood until it has been experienced firsthand.  It is dirty, it is hard, it is beauty, it is humbling.  It is the best thing that has ever happened to me.  You four are my heart… my life… my everything.  It is an absolute honor and privilege to be your mama. I love you!

mother_quote3mother_quote1from Rebecca at Simple As That

And for all of the beautiful mothers out there… from the co-sleepers to the BabyWise keepers… from the breast feeders to the bottle feeders… from the cloth diapering to the disposable users… from the home schoolers to the public and private schoolers… from the spankers and the time-out believers… Thank you for teaching me to look at the heart of the woman and seeing beyond our differences.  Always remember, your Littles don’t want the Pinterest-perfect mother… they only want you.

KDIMLMotherQuote

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

3 comments

Write comments
Jodi
AUTHOR
4:50 AM delete

Happy Mother's Day to you!

Reply
avatar
DeeDee
AUTHOR
1:18 PM delete

What a beautiful post...I especially like the part about our children do not want a pinterest-perfect mama, they just want US! I love that!! So true! Happy belated Mother's Day!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
8:38 PM delete

Another great post. Happy Mother's Day (1 day late).

Reply
avatar