Random Bits

Friday, April 27, 2012 3 Comments A+ a-

A list…

  • Reagan is our night owl. Always has been. But when you add a late afternoon nap, you can guarantee the girl’s not going to sleep before midnight. She was sneaking into the hallway and hiding behind a living room chair every 20 minutes. I finally called her out to the living around 10:30, knowing it was no use to banish her to room. Again.
  • And when lightening starting dancing across the sky? I paused the computer work, grabbed our down comforter, took Reagan by the hand, and we sat outside on our front porch to enjoy the show. 
  • I’ve always loved lightening storms.  My absolute favorite nights are opening the windows to hear the rain, feeling the breeze from the storm, and falling asleep to the smell of wet earth.  And I wanted to share that with Rea.  We cuddled on our rocking seat and enjoyed it.  Her little gasps of delight and awe totally made my week.
  • I want to be that mom.  The one that grabs the Littles and goes jumping in rain puddles.  The one that will lay in the grass and find shapes in the clouds.  The one that stops whatever she’s doing for impromptu dance parties in the living room.  Aside from the dancing one, which happens a lot, I forget to stop and enjoy the other moments too often.
  • This coming Sunday will be our last one at Church #1 in our search.  Overall, we really like it.  A lot.  This past Sunday, Hudson was dressed and ready to go before anyone, he was that excited to go.  It makes me heart happy.
  • I think if we weren’t committed to trying out other churches, we could easily stop our search and call this place home.  But we want to be sure, 100% positive that we are where we’re supposed to be.  So after this Sunday, we’ll move on to Church #2. 
  • I’m really hoping that it’ll be a clear, easy decision.  But we’re open to wherever God wants us. 
  • On Monday, Becky took family pictures of our whole family.  It had been two years since we last did family photos and in that time frame, we’d added a new BIL and two more grandchildren.  Mom finally stopped hinting around and made it clear that the only thing she wanted for Mother’s Day was a new family photo.
  • As always, Becky worked her magic and the sneak previews only solidified my opinion of her talent.  And made me even more anxious to see the rest of the shots.  (No pressure, friend. I swear.  And no, I’m not crossing my fingers behind my back.)
  • Jon’s summer schedule starts next week and he’ll be working 4 10-hour days, instead of 5 8-hour days.  It makes for LONG, exhausted days for Jon.  But every Friday morning, when others are headed into work, we all agree that our 3-day weekends are totally worth it.
  • And 3-day weekends means camping.  Hudson has been asking non-stop when we’re going camping again since early March.  2-3 times a week, the child has begged to go camping.  I kid you not.  He doesn’t care if there’s snow on the ground.  He wants to go camping. 
  • When I asked him what his favorite part of camping was, he instantly said “Campfires!”  He is TOTALLY Jon’s son.  Between the outdoors and love of fire, there’s not a doubt in my mind that he’s the mini-me of Jon. 
  • Unfortunately, our campfires will be non-existent this year.  It has been one of the driest winters in a while and fire danger is at an all-time high.  I’m sure there will be a fire ban lasting the whole summer.  Which, unfortunately for Hudson, makes for some pretty lackluster camping trips.
  • Its crazy around here right now. But there are some changes on the horizon that, if all goes well, will help clear up some time in my life.  And help me refocus.

Until next time… 

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

3 comments

Write comments
Courtney
AUTHOR
8:17 AM delete

Factual error in this post: We updated our last family pictures over 3 years ago.

Reply
avatar
Ashley E.
AUTHOR
12:51 AM delete

Those pictures are gorgeous!!! And I love your new design!

Reply
avatar
Jillian
AUTHOR
9:50 AM delete

Sooooo my hubs and I are going to take a trip just the two of us! On our list is Colorado.... Any ideas on great places to go, visit....?

Reply
avatar