Pictures That Make Me Smile

Sunday, April 15, 2012 5 Comments A+ a-

2012-04-08 13.07.03She’s growing up.  It makes my heart ache.  Last night she woke from a nightmare and asked me to cuddle her back to sleep.  As I gathered gangly arms and legs in mine, I mourned the passing of time. She used to fit so perfectly. Its going so, so fast.

IMG_20120409_170509This picture just cracks me up!  It doesn’t matter that I’ve looked at this picture dozens of times, it still makes me giggle.  If that look doesn’t say “Big Sister”, I don’t know what does.  These two are going to be hysterical as teenagers.

IMG_20120413_124037I have a good husband.  He showed up yesterday afternoon with my favorite sushi.  Spicy tuna.  He speaks my love language. Seriously.  It’s the little things.

IMG_20120414_141545After years of begging, my cousins, Colette and Rosa, came up to teach us how to make their mom’s tortillas.  It was so much fun!  And I’m a huge believer that homemade trumps store-bought any day! Hudson was fascinated and even rolled out a few of his own.

Next time, Aunt Anita’s green chili.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

5 comments

Write comments
Amber
AUTHOR
9:28 AM delete

Such sweet pictures! you're such a lucky mama :)

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
1:46 PM delete

Love all of these pictures!!
Now I'm craving sushi. :)
Yes, homemade ALWAYS trumps store bought. Today we're enjoying those homemade tortillas and homemade salsa.

Reply
avatar
5:00 PM delete

I love these pictures! And you are SO right - those two are going to be a hoot as teenagers!!

Reply
avatar
Michelle
AUTHOR
5:37 PM delete

Do the homemade tortillas get to make a showing on the "What's for Dinner" blog?? Hoping you can share the family secret! :)

Reply
avatar
Jennifer
AUTHOR
12:24 PM delete

Love these pictures!

Reply
avatar