Mark Your Calendars

Monday, April 16, 2012 2 Comments A+ a-

I know, I know.  Two posts in one day?  But I promise this is important.  Today needs to be marked in some way.  Celebrated in fact. 

Today was the first time Hudson had a haircut without tantrum, screams, or tears!

Now, lest anyone think I’m exaggerating or overreacting to this news, let me remind you of his very first haircut.  It was just the start of things to come.

There's been times I’ve held him down, I’ve been asked not to come back, or walked out without a hair touched on his head.  My mom, sister, and sister-in-law have all been traumatized by his cries of terror as Jon and I held him down for a trim.  Or the time my mother, in an effort to bypass Hudson’s stark fear of haircuts, decided to buzz him bald

Thankfully, that buzz cut helped Hudson avoid a haircut for almost six months.  Not bad.

But it was time for a cut and I can’t begin to tell you how I stood there in utter shock as he climbed into the chair by himself.  As he sat there perfectly still as she cut his hair.  You could have peeled me off the floor when he agreed to let her use a trimmer on his neck and around his ears.  He was an absolute trooper!  And (fingers crossed) perhaps we’ve crossed over to the other side.  Whew!  I can start showing my face in a few hair salons again.

HaircutCollage

Daddy and I are proud of you, Bobo!  Good job today!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

2 comments

Write comments
Christine
AUTHOR
1:28 PM delete

Way to go Hudson! I'm shocked too. I wonder what made this experience different for him.
He looks very handsome with his new haircut!

Reply
avatar
Ashley
AUTHOR
5:43 PM delete

Yay Hudson! I know that will be so much easier on you all now! He's such a cute boy. And I loved your last post, too. You're such a great writer. : )

Reply
avatar