Colorado Sunday Afternoon

Sunday, April 22, 2012 11 Comments A+ a-

I love this state.  Its probably a little unhealthy, my love for Colorado.  But the mountains, the rivers, the skiing, the camping, the 4-wheeling (although we haven’t been in forever, hint, hint, Jonathan), the canyons.  I just can’t wrap my head around the majesty of these mountains, and I’m so very thankful I get to call this place home.

Today was too gorgeous of a day to stay home.  As we walked to our van after church, I caught a whiff of lilacs and I got restless for more time outside.  Never mind that I was wearing a dress, that the girls were wearing Sunday church shoes.  Never mind that we hadn’t planned, nor packed, for a picnic.  I was itching to get into the mountains.  And without hesitation, Jon agreed.

MountainCollage2MountainCollage3MountainCollage1MountainCollage4MountainCollage5

It was exactly what I needed.  What we needed.  I’m looking forward to more Sunday afternoons in our mountains this summer.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

11 comments

Write comments
10:16 PM delete

*sigh* my heart is right there with you guys. So glad you had a good time!

Reply
avatar
10:17 PM delete

*sigh* my heart is right there with you guys. So glad you had a good time!

Reply
avatar
9:37 AM delete

Looks like a perfect Sunday afternoon. I absolutely love living in Texas, but Colorado would definitely be my second choice if I had to move. Love all of the great pictures!

Reply
avatar
Lauren
AUTHOR
9:48 AM delete

Just BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Reply
avatar
Angie
AUTHOR
10:02 AM delete

I love these pictures! Your family is just beautiful! You are so blessed!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
1:35 PM delete

Great pictures! You all look beautiful and so does the scenery. Good for you for staying spontaneous. I don't know if I'll ever love another state as much as I love Colorado. :)

Reply
avatar
Dana Marie
AUTHOR
8:00 PM delete

as I stalked your twitter account I can only reiterate how much these pictures make me miss home. UGH. great pictures though, sounds like a completely fantastic day! I love the last picture too - your hands are full and your cup runs over :)

Reply
avatar
8:27 PM delete

Aww, I love it! What a fun and beautiful afternoon! We have been talking about wanting to visit Colorado for so long! Y'all are so cute!

Reply
avatar
Wendy
AUTHOR
10:08 AM delete

Looks like such a great day!

Reply
avatar
Jillian
AUTHOR
12:41 PM delete

I would love to visit there someday! If my family wasn't here I would move there:)

Reply
avatar
Dareth
AUTHOR
4:33 PM delete

Your family is so beautiful! Hugs to all of you.

Reply
avatar