What We’ve Been Up To

Saturday, March 10, 2012 9 Comments A+ a-

I’ve been wanting to update the girls room for quite some time now.  Not only has Reagan outgrown her toddler bed, but we needed the mattress for Ashlynn’s crib, who up until these past couple of days has been sleeping in a pack ‘n play.  (What can I say? I’m cheap. I didn’t see the point in purchasing a 2nd crib mattress for a few months.)  And I really just wanted to create a new haven for the girls, a place to call their own.

Now currently Devyn and Reagan are sharing a room, and Ashlynn is bunking with Hudson.  Once we finish the basement (within the next two years), we’ll move Hudson to his own bedroom and bathroom downstairs.  We figure that as he gets older, he’s going to need his own space.  Away from the three sisters.  At which point, we’ll move Devyn into Hudson’s room, and move Ashlynn in with Reagan.  Confused yet?  It’ll be a massive project, and I already have a headache thinking about it.  (Side story.  During this most recent makeover, I asked Hudson if he’d like us to move Ashlynn in with the girls.  His response was a resounding “Noooooo!” What can I say? He adores that girl.)

So back to the room… 

I started researching bunk beds and preparing the girls for the upcoming changes.  And when our tax refund hit our bank account, I finally had the money to fund my vision for their room.  I think we succeeded.

Bedroom14This was taken from the hallway, just glancing into their room.  There were squeals of delight and hugs galore when we finally unveiled it to the girls.  Reagan runs up to me four or five times a day, throws her arms around my legs, and tells me, “Mama, I just love my room.”  That makes it completely worth it to me.

BedroomCollage1BedroomCollage2BedroomCollage4

Now pay no attention to the nightstand in the corner.  Its seen better days and we’re planning to refinish it…  We purchased almost everything from either Target, morebunkbeds.com, Ikea, or Hobby Lobby.

I can now check off one item off our to-do list.  There’s only 74 more items left on the list.  Spring cleaning has arrived in full force and while our list is daunting, I’m determined to tackle it one thing at a time.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

9 comments

Write comments
Sonya
AUTHOR
7:16 AM delete

it looks super cute! I bet the girls are thrilled!!

Reply
avatar
Meghan
AUTHOR
10:25 AM delete

It's gorgeous! And I adore that chandelier!

Reply
avatar
Vicki
AUTHOR
11:52 AM delete

It looks so cute! Bunk beds have gotten way more fun/pretty then the one my sister & I had as a kid! :)

Reply
avatar
12:20 AM delete

You did SO great with their room!!!! I can see why they love it.

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
8:13 AM delete

I want a chandelier in my room!!! Looks so great and perfect for 2 little princesses

Reply
avatar
7:14 PM delete

This is perfect!!! It turned out great!

Reply
avatar
Momof4Girls
AUTHOR
10:28 PM delete

I love how the girls room turned out!! Sooo cute!! Especially love the bunk beds and the chandelier!!!:) you did a great job, hon!! Love you!
Mom

Reply
avatar
1:45 PM delete

Looks really good! We just re-did Aaron's room. It's so much fun!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
9:10 PM delete

Love the room! SOOO cute! And thanks to you, Ellie has been asking for a bunk bed. I told her she'd have to wait until there were more kids in the family. ;-)

Reply
avatar