Not because…

Friday, March 30, 2012 10 Comments A+ a-

Not because…
… I think we have it all figured out.
… I’m trying to come across as prideful.
… I want to make anyone feel bad.
… I’m trying to say that our marriage is perfect.
… we have all the answers.

But because…
… after 10 years of marriage, we recognize the hills and valleys.
… after one of the longest valleys to date, we’re enjoying our current mountain.
… after 14 years, I never expected to have the butterflies again.
… he is still my best friend.
… his eyes and smile are still my favorite features.
… we wanted to celebrate his 31st birthday (15 years of celebrations together) in style.

A new favorite photo of the two of us.Lightbox_1333075177149 - Sophia

P.S.  I’m enjoying the view from the top of this mountain.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

10 comments

Write comments
E
AUTHOR
2:24 AM delete

Love to read about your love for each other. It's so inspiring and wonderful to see in the world nowadays. =)

Reply
avatar
8:07 AM delete

How sweet! I love that y'all are enjoying a mountain :)

Reply
avatar
Jessica
AUTHOR
8:19 AM delete

Love this photo of the two of you! Glad you are enjoying your view from the top of the mountain! You deserve it!!!

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
9:16 AM delete

This is my new favorite photo of you guys too!

Reply
avatar
Meghan
AUTHOR
9:28 AM delete

I love this post. Marriage is full of hills and valleys and I am glad you are enjoying this peak:) Such a cute pic, too!

Reply
avatar
10:38 AM delete

I love this picture! When Kurt and I take pictures of ourselves, they never turn out that good. :) I'm glad y'all are in a good place!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
2:09 PM delete

Cute post! And I LOVE this picture of you two! You both look so happy and beautiful. :)

Reply
avatar
Meghan
AUTHOR
4:25 PM delete

You two are so adorable and SO inspiring, helps us single girls remember there are still good men out there and that marriage is something to hold out for, so thank you!!

Reply
avatar
Amber
AUTHOR
4:53 PM delete

You guys are such an adorable and amazing couple :)

Reply
avatar
Kay Holt
AUTHOR
7:04 PM delete

Thanks for letting us newbies at marriage that ups and downs happen all the time. That it's not perfect all the time but it's perfect for us! Glad y'all are enjoying this mountain :)

Reply
avatar