I’m Here, I’m Here

Friday, February 24, 2012 8 Comments A+ a-

iAfter a stressful and whirlwind car ride to the airport on Wednesday, where I pulled up to the curbside check-in minutes after they’re supposed to stop checking bags and being the last to board my flight to Nashville, I am here.  And its one of the most surreal experiences of my life so far.  Not even just Blissdom (which is in fact as awesome as I thought it would be), but the fact that a) I’m here by myself, b) that I’m in Nashville of all places, c) I have zero responsibilities, and d) I’m by myself.

Did I mention that already?

I was picked up from the airport by Kara, both friend and cousin.  We married cousins within a matter of weeks of each other, now sharing family and last name.  She and I rarely get to connect on a deeper level during brief holiday visits, so it was absolutely amazing to get to spend some quality time with her and her family.  We haven’t been able to get that real and personal with each other in a long time.  And oh, it did my heart good. 

The following day she dropped me off at the Opryland hotel and the real adventure began. 

First, I must say that this hotel is massive!  MASSIVE!  Maps and pictures of this amazing place don’t even begin to do it justice.  It’s a walk and a half to get from one part of the hotel to another.  The size and beauty of the hotel is overwhelming enough, but add in the meeting of new friends and women who you’ve been tweeting with for years, and you have Jenn on stimulation overload.

IMG952530 - Josh,Vignette,CorneredI’ve met the roommates, women I’ve tweeted with and have not met in person.  We’ve instantly clicked and it feels like we’re having one big slumber party.  I’m obviously comfortably enough when I reach over and tickle my bedmate in the middle of the night. [Insert face of horror and disbelief here.  Seriously one of the most embarrassingly moments of my life.]

Lightbox_1330111502108 - Lucas,Focal,TrashyAnd right now, I’m sitting by myself (emphasis on ALONE) and enjoying a glass of ice tea while I blog, surf the internet, check on the LIttles, etc.

Blissdom isn’t just about networking and learning new secrets to blogging.  I’m finding my bliss in the moments outside of the conference too.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

8 comments

Write comments
Angie
AUTHOR
7:05 PM delete

Jenn! I am so glad you are enjoying your alone time & all that Blissdom entails!!

Have fun, cant wait to hear all about!!

Reply
avatar
8:52 PM delete

So glad you are having a great time. I hope you continue to enjoy your trip and I can't wait to hear the details!

Reply
avatar
Mandy Rose
AUTHOR
11:40 PM delete

Don't go tickling me tonight! ;)

Reply
avatar
Addie
AUTHOR
1:24 AM delete

I'm so happy that you got to embrace this opportunity. You definitely deserve every minute of this, and it will be bitter sweet when you are home back with your babies. Enjoy some fun for me girl. Have a safe trip home.

Reply
avatar
6:22 AM delete

So glad you're enjoying yourself!!! Have a blast!

Reply
avatar
Meghan
AUTHOR
5:53 AM delete

I hope you had a wonderful experience! It was great to meet you! (I'm Neely and Ashley's redheaded, socially awkward roommate!) :) Have a safe trip home!

Reply
avatar
8:33 AM delete

It was so great to meet you this weekend! I can't wait to get to know you and your sweet family better through this crazy world of blogging!

Reply
avatar
Jodi Dwyer
AUTHOR
10:00 AM delete

So glad you had a nice time. I think Blissdom 2013 will have to be on my to do list!

Reply
avatar