She’s an old soul in a girl’s body.

Friday, January 06, 2012 9 Comments A+ a-

Devyn and I were discussing my tattoos today during lunch.  (Yes, I have two tattoos.  Someday I’ll tell you about them and why they mean so much to me!)  She was asking questions and I was answering them as candidly as possible.

“I don’t want any tattoos when I get older,” she told me.

I smiled inside where she couldn’t see it.  I’ve quickly learned that saying never as a child just comes back to bite you when you’re an adult.

“That’s fine, Devyn.  You should never get a tattoo unless you’re 100% sure you want it forever.” I told her.

“Forever?! It doesn’t go away? Even when you’re old?” She was shocked.

“Never, ever,” I told her.  “Even when I’m old, I’ll still have my tattoos.”

She paused for a minute.

“I don’t think you’re going to like them when you’re old.”

Bahahaha.  Oh child, that one sentence explains so much about our relationship, and why I often wonder who is parenting whom.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

9 comments

Write comments
Laura
AUTHOR
1:43 PM delete

That is so funny! I love the things that kids say!

Reply
avatar
Laura
AUTHOR
1:43 PM delete

That is so funny! I love the things that kids say!

Reply
avatar
Vicki
AUTHOR
1:55 PM delete

HAHAHAHA - that is the cutest thing! She's such a smart kid!!! :)

Reply
avatar
Lindsey
AUTHOR
3:31 PM delete

Oh my goodness! I'm waiting for one of my girls to say that to me! They're so smart!!

Reply
avatar
Amber
AUTHOR
6:44 PM delete

That is too hilarious!! And what an old soul she is :)

Reply
avatar
Ashley
AUTHOR
8:32 PM delete

Ha! I wish I could really see your kids cute personalities. I love how they are all so different. : ) Sweet girl looking out for her mama. Too funny!!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
9:21 PM delete

Ha ha! She is SO funny! Love her.

Reply
avatar
Momof4Girls
AUTHOR
1:42 PM delete

I couldn't stop laughing with this post, Jenn. Mostly because it's true!! She is wise in her young years, and it amazes me alot. I also laughed because it is EXACTLY what I have said to you--only I AM your mom!! She is so precious! =)
Love, Mom

Reply
avatar