I Miss This

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 5 Comments A+ a-

I miss this place… As my design load picks up, I’m finding less and less time to get on here and post about the goings-on in my life.  Or my thoughts on various subjects.  Or random pictures.  And recipes.  And new ideas.

If I could just find another hour or two in the day, I could tell you…

…about Reagan’s first night at Cubbies.  And how Hudson came home and said he protected his baby sister by telling “all the boys not to touch Reagan’s p*e-pee.”  (Oh sweet lord.)

…what I thought about the Revelation study we just finished.

…or how excited I am to start James.

…how weaning Ashlynn is going.  I have no clue what I’m doing since all the others had weaned themselves by now.  And I have a conference coming up next month.  Oh, how my heart is breaking over the end of this phase in my life.

…the post I’m writing in my head on Christianity and how common it is to hear, and easier to live out, a watered down Gospel.  But I’m fairly certain that post will never see the light of day because I’m too scared to actually write it.

…that I’ve fallen in love with a new-to-me blogger and I check my Google Reader at least 3-4 times a day to see if she’s written a new post.

…how much I’m enjoying Hudson right now and how he’s blooming in preschool.  He’s writing his name, recognizing letters, sounding out words.  And how I’m soaking in these moments as his one and his only girl while I can.

…that the average life of most of our wedding presents seems to be 10 years.  Our everyday dishes finally whittled down to one set and were replaced.  The electric can opener took a dive off our counter and now needs to be replaced.

…as I look back on these past ten years with Jon, I can see the curves, hills, and valleys that this journey has taken us on. I am so in love with that man, and thanking God that every day I get to do life with my best friend.

…that Devyn is looking older and maturing faster than I care to admit.  As I watch, listen, and interact with her, I’m seeing hints of the person she’ll become. And what an amazing woman she is going to be.

I miss this place. A lot.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

5 comments

Write comments
~Sue
AUTHOR
9:17 PM delete

I would say you gave your blog a lovely little visit and you did share (albeit, briefly) about those things of life and littles and the Lord that were on your mind. So-- very.good.on.you. :)

Reply
avatar
Meghan
AUTHOR
9:55 PM delete

This place has missed you too! At least the people who visit you (:

Reply
avatar
Jessica
AUTHOR
9:57 PM delete

I've missed your posts! But I a super excited how busy you've been with your blog design. Which reminds me, I really need to submit my stuff to you or I'll still have this holiday blog up come Spring!

Oh, and I LOVE the new-to-you (and me) blogger too! I just stumbled upon it a week or so ago & am addicted!

Reply
avatar
TaraR
AUTHOR
1:31 AM delete

I wish you had time too! I found myself thinking on many of these "oh please do tell"! Were the studies you did the Beth Moore series? I'm also intrigued to hear your thoughts in regards the sad state of many living a life of the watered down version of Christianity...sigh there just isn't enough time in the day is there?

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
7:49 AM delete

That story of Hudson cracks me up every time. He is going to be such a good big brother!

Reply
avatar