An Explanation

Sunday, January 29, 2012 7 Comments A+ a-

Lately I've been wondering if I need to disconnect my private blog from my design site.  You know, to keep things separate. And not offend potential clients if their beliefs differ from mine.  I haven't decided yet, Jon and I are still discussing it. And if you have any advice or insight to share, I'd love to hear it.

But it does bring me to another point.  This blog is about my life. Its a journal of events, feelings, lessons, stories. Its my journey. As I read through the archives, I can see where I was walking close with God, and the times I struggled. I see posts that were written in love, or fear, or hope. This blog, like me, ebbs and flows with spiritual growth and yes, even drought.

As I am coming out of the desert, I feel God working in my soul, in my life. I know that He's awakening my spirit and as such, this blog will reflect that. I imagine the number of posts about God, the Bible, and the things I'm learning will increase. I'd apologize but truth be told, I'm not sorry. I write what I'm passionate about and I'm passionate about my Lord.

I will say that it is never my intent to cast judgment or heap shame on anyone. There's a freaking oar in my own eye, so there's no room to pick out the splinter in yours. Any number of these posts are simply what I am learning, what I believe, what I am passionate about. This is my journal.

I am both excited and nervous as I know I'm on the precipice of some new things. Hard things. But I know it is no accident that I'm starting Beth Moore's James study, at the same time that Jon and I are starting Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. And whenever God has a word for me, I know I better sit up and pay attention. Growing in Christ usually means some growing pains, and while I know that the end result will be good, the fire is never fun.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

7 comments

Write comments
Mindy
AUTHOR
2:09 PM delete

I guess I can't really speak directly to this since you and I share many thoughts about the world, but I think it would say a lot about someone if they refused to do business with you because of your personal beliefs. I would hope that anyone would be able to see your talents for what they are, regardless of any differences in opinion on this or that. Having said that, I could totally see why you might like to separate the two. Anyway, I actually hit the commit button to say this: I am so appreciative of your blog, Jenn. You regularly challenge me with the kind, thoughtful way you write(I am known for flying off the handle and writing something that I will totally regret later). I appreciate the honesty you show on your blog and the way you open up your life and heart to the rest of us. I will be praying for you and Jon as you embark on the FPU experience. Hopefully we, too, will be doing it in the coming months. Blessings!

Reply
avatar
Meredith
AUTHOR
3:44 PM delete

I love reading your blog and it's so encourage to hear other christian's talk about their walks with God and not having all the answers, but trying to figure it out through the word. It's so inspiring especially since I've slacked in my walk with Christ a lot this past year, it gives me encouragement that he can and is still there for me.
xoxo

Reply
avatar
Sonya
AUTHOR
6:30 PM delete

I don't necessarily think that you should seperate the two but then again I don't always take my personal life to work with me. There are alot of things my coworkers do not know about me.

I like that you are open and honest and real and if someone doesn't want to do business with you because of your beliefs then are they worth doing business with in the first place?

Reply
avatar
Ashley
AUTHOR
6:44 PM delete

I will definitely be reading. You are such an encouragement to me!

Reply
avatar
Vicki
AUTHOR
10:47 AM delete

I love reading your personal blog ... you are always so open and honest and inspiring ...

Reply
avatar
Amanda
AUTHOR
6:51 PM delete

Honestly, I wouldn't disconnect. If it sways people away on the business side of things because of your personal beliefs...then I say good luck with them. Also, I wouldn't want my name on someone else's page if they don't know how to respect other people's beliefs...that just shows what kind of person they are. I think it would help you weed out the good clients with the not so good clients.

Hope this helps more...

Reply
avatar
Angie
AUTHOR
7:23 AM delete

I love reading 'your' journal! You are an inspiring momma and love how you keep it real!!!

I understand your hesitations though, and will say an extra prayer for you & Jon in your decisions.

Thinking of you!!!

Reply
avatar