Eeek! What have I done?!

Thursday, January 12, 2012 10 Comments A+ a-

If you follow me on Twitter, then you already know what I’m about to talk about.  If not, then this is BRAND-NEW INFORMATION.  (Sorry, borrowing Phoebe’s phrase from Friends. Is anyone else loving Friends on Nick at Night as much as I am?!)

Last year, I started hearing about this blogging conference called Blissdom.  But since I had a newborn, it was pretty much out of the question.  Not to mention that finances were tight.  However, the idea has firmly implanted itself in my head.

When Blissdom started releasing more information this past fall, Jon and I started having some serious conversations about whether I should, or could, attend.  And with utter shock, I pressed the purchase button for my Blissdom ticket last month.

This last week has been a flurry of finding airline tickets, child care (thank you family!), designing my business cards, anxiety and panic attacks, and deep breaths.  I am going on a trip.  Alone.  B y myself.  Knowing not a single person.

I have very mixed emotions about this trip.  I have no desire to grow my personal blog.  None.  In fact, the very idea of becoming a bigger blogger makes me anxious.  I have turned down every offer to earn any revenue off this blog, for the simple fact that this is MY space.  My own personal story.  Its never been a desire of mine to become bigger than the audience I’ve been given.  Does that make any sense?

My business blog is another story.  And that is why I’m going to Blissdom.

Blissdom has a number of business sessions that I’m really excited to sit in on.  I can’t wait to hear what I’m doing right or wrong, or what I can do better.  I think it’ll be an amazing networking opportunity.  There are some other sessions that I’m interested in too.

And?

I’m SO excited to meet so many of the wonderful ladies I’ve met through Twitter and designing.  Those that know me in real life, know that I’m a hugger.  A BIG hugger.  I’ve worked with a lot of these ladies for a long time, they’ve become special to me.  And I can’t wait to hug them in person.

So there you have it.  I’ll be in Nashville, Tennessee next month.  And I’m both utterly terrified (what if they don’t like me) and extremely excited!  Dear lord, what I have I gotten myself into?!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

10 comments

Write comments
11:04 AM delete

I am so excited to meet you!!! It will be a blast!

Reply
avatar
Neely
AUTHOR
11:05 AM delete

Umm hi I can't wait to see you!

Reply
avatar
Lindsey
AUTHOR
11:12 AM delete

Have a blast Jenn!!!

Reply
avatar
Cheryl E.
AUTHOR
11:23 AM delete

Woohoo cant wait to meet you!!

Reply
avatar
Liz
AUTHOR
11:41 AM delete

what and exciting opportunity. I'm sure you are just as lovely in person as you are on your blog. :) Wish I could go so that I could meet you in person.
-Liz

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
1:47 PM delete

Sounds awesome. I'm slightly jealous. ;) I think you'll have a great time.

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
1:48 PM delete

Sounds awesome. I'm slightly jealous. ;) I think you'll have a great time.

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
7:03 PM delete

Ooooooh, I want to go just to meet you in person after all these years! You'll have so much fun and I pray the Lord will bless your time with exactly what you need in many many ways. xoxo

Reply
avatar
Meghan
AUTHOR
11:39 PM delete

I am so excited for you, and maybe a little bit jealous for me! You will have a great time & can't wait to hear the stories!!

Reply
avatar
Mandy Rose
AUTHOR
8:32 AM delete

Can't wait to meet you! I know the anxiety you are feeling...I'm feeling it too! But good to know your a hugger! ;)

Reply
avatar