Where We’ve Been…
The last few days I was pretty silent on the Twitter and Facebook. Jon got this bright idea in his head that I needed to stop telling the internets that our house was empty and thus tempting the burglars to ransack our house. So
we I didn’t tell anyone that we were invited on an impromptu camping trip with some friends.
It was great to get away, despite the fact that Mandy and I have decided that about 3 days is all we can handle in a campsite. Despite the fact that there 6 Littles ages 6 and under… not counting the one that Mandy is currently baking. Despite the fact that the mosquitos were the worst I’ve seen in a long time. Despite the fact we were skunked while fishing. Despite the fact that we ended the trip with a visit to Urgent Care to find out that Jon had a hairline fracture in his foot. (Don’t ask…)
I kid, I kid. (Except for that last part, that really happened.) It was a great trip! It involved fishing and riding bikes, walks and moose hunts (the Littles have a great imagination), flower picking and smores, camp fires and naps. I’m so happy we got away for a few days and nights. And it was especially wonderful to get away with such dear friends.
I saw this on another blog the other day and HAD to steal it and share it here. It made me chuckle because so much of it, is SO true!
I love the mountains. I love the cool nights. I love, I LOVE my Denver Broncos. I love the snow. I love the 360 days of sunshine a year. I love Colorado beer. I love the people...I love it all. Which is why I am never ever going to leave...
- That we put the heat and the A/C on all in one day.
- That people here actually know what a '14 er' is (and I like you even more if you have climbed them, like yours truly).
- That we are are able to drive 65 miles per hour through 13 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without even flinching.
- That April Showers bring May Blizzards
- That when we go to visist our friends at sea level, we can have a case of beer without even getting a buzz.
- That we know where the real "South Park" is.
- That most of us have gone skiing in June and golfing in January.
- We have no recognizable accent.
- We voted for higher taxes to fund Coors field, but voted down taxes for public transportation.
- We have broken windshields.
- We have people with business degrees who are frying burgers at a McDonald's in Vail.
- We own big dogs named Aspen, Buck, Cheyenne or Dakota and they sleep in our beds.
- We cast out our fishing line while white-water rafting.
- We are meat eating vegetarians
- We can use "checking for ticks" as an excuse to get someone naked.
- We get a certain feeling of satisfaction from knowing that California and Texas are both downstream
- We know the elevation of a town, but not its population.
I just love Colorado for a million reasons...