Mish-Mash, Photo Edition

Sunday, December 11, 2011 7 Comments A+ a-

I decided on a fun bird theme for Ashlynn’s invitation, sent it to Katie at Kuhl Cakes, told her to take creative license, and this is what she came up with.  It was perfect!!

BirthdayCakeI especially loved the individual smash cake.  So precious!  I still can’t believe our baby turned one!

SAMSUNG            Devyn has been sitting right next to me as I attempt to finish up Ashlynn’s stocking, showing avid interest in it, and asking to help.  So with her birthday money in hand, we went to Michael’s and came home with this sewing kit.  She has been a busy girl, even sewing a skirt for Ashlynn.

Lightbox_1323458588999There is nothing, NOTHING, more tender and heartwarming than seeing your baby girls grasp hands and dance to Christmas music together.  They’ve recently become best friends with Reagan leading Ashlynn by the hand, shutting themselves in Reagan’s room, and playing together for long periods of time. It does this mother’s heart good.

Lightbox_1323624415780Devyn was in the church musical this morning and it was a shock to the system to see our eldest up on stage, looking far older than we remember letting her be.  In fact, as we shopped for the required apparel for the concert, Jon was visually upset that we’re now shopping in the older girl section of the store.  He’s not ok with her growing up.

Its been fascinating to watch Hudson’s relationship with each sister develop.  He very much idolizes Devyn, wanting to be big like her, do everything she does, and their relationship is developing into best friends.  With Reagan, there’s very much a competitive element to their relationship.  I’m sure it has something to do with being just 22 months apart.  With these two, they’re either best friends or worst enemies.  There’s little middle ground or gray area.  In fact, I have no doubt that when Hudson forbids Reagan from dating any of his friends, she’ll arch an eyebrow, throw him a saucy look, and say, “Watch me.”

Lightbox_1323618308716And with Ashlynn, the adoration is mutual.  There is nothing that the other cannot do, or do wrong.  Her face lights up the moment he steps into view, and she is the first person he asks for when I pick him up from school.  It is precious indeed.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

7 comments

Write comments
Jillian
AUTHOR
7:35 AM delete

Ohhhh I want a little boy, so sweet!

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
7:53 AM delete

Could your babies BE any cuter!?! Seriously, that one with Ray and Ashlynn melts my heart!

Reply
avatar
Jenna
AUTHOR
1:09 PM delete

That cake is awesome!! Happy birthday sweet Ashlynn!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
9:18 PM delete

Loved this. ALL of it! Call me crazy, but I got a bit teary watching Devyn on Sunday. I can't believe she's growing up so quickly.

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
4:44 PM delete

Oh they are so precious!!! I love hearing (yes, actually hearing!) your heart melt over the computer! ;)

Reply
avatar
9:11 AM delete

This is such a sweet post, Jenn! Reading about your Littles makes me so excited to add to our family ... Hopefully sooner rather than later! ;)

Reply
avatar
Momof4Girls
AUTHOR
6:13 AM delete

Precious, precious pictures!! =) THESE are the moments to treasure!! We love them all!!
Love, Mom

Reply
avatar