Keeping It Real, Grinch Style

Tuesday, December 06, 2011 7 Comments A+ a-


I have pictures and a post to write about our baby's first birthday party.  Someday I'll get it up. Hopefully before December is over.

It was the most laidback, casual 1st birthday party we've ever had.  It was just family, some snacks, and a gorgeous cake!  It was perfect!  Pictures soon, I promise.

I just finished working on the invitations for Reagan and Elliana's joint 3rd birthday party.  The theme is ladybugs.  I can't believe our girls are going to be 3 years old!

Let me recap.  Four parties in 4 weeks, two of those parties within six days of each other.  I'm going to admit, I can't help but wonder if God is playing a cruel joke on me. 3 birthdays within 6 weeks of each other, DURING the holiday season.  Really?!

Now I'm trying to address 150 Christmas cards, finish Ashlynn's Christmas stocking, start shopping for Christmas gifts, do some holiday baking, and maintain my designing schedule.  I think, no, I know, I bit off more than I can chew.

So somewhere between the twinkling lights and the birthday parties, I'm in desperate need of the holiday spirit.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

7 comments

Write comments
8:22 PM delete

I think the holidays come with a side of Grinch for everyone! That many birthdays so close to the holidays is so crazy - I'm sure you're stressed out!

Reply
avatar
Angie
AUTHOR
8:32 PM delete

oh my word, you are one busy woman!!! crazy!! I hope you survive it all :)

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
8:45 PM delete

I TOTALLY feel you! I've been feeling the same way. I so wish I didn't enter every December feeling overwhelmed. I don't think that's how the Christmas season is supposed to feel...
I'll pray for both of us with this. :)

Reply
avatar
Jillian
AUTHOR
12:46 PM delete

Um that's a lot!

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
6:38 PM delete

could have sworn I pushed publish, but my comment never showed? Anyway, I'm right with you praying for more simplicity and saying "no" to those things that seem like "have tos" but really aren't. I agree with Christine, this season isn't supposed to make us stressed and grumpy. I love you friend!

Reply
avatar
10:35 AM delete

I know the feeling! I have so much scheduled for the next few weeks, when I am techically on "break" from classes.

Reply
avatar
3:18 PM delete

I can't wait to see pictures!!
I hope you get a breather soon my friend :)

Reply
avatar