Its This Girl

Thursday, December 29, 2011 5 Comments A+ a-

ReaganIts this girl… 

The one who when I begged for five minutes to grab her socks and shoes from the McD*nald’s Play Place shoe corral, looked at me, smiled, darted out of my reach, and came out of the slide with a smug look on her face.

When I asked for the fifth time, she coyly walked up to her shoes, looked at me out of the corner of her eye and grabbed just one of her boots.  “One, Mommy?” she asked.  The look in her eyes belied her innocent expression, she knew I meant both.

When I said as much, she walked back and switched out the boots; leaving the 1st and bringing me the second.  I burst out laughing.

Its this girl…

The one who has been grabbing any doll in sight, bringing them to me, and pointing at their chest. “Food for baby.”  She smiles proudly every time I agree with her.

Imagine the humiliation when we were in public and she pointed at my chest, “Food for baby!”  To complete strangers.

Its this girl…

The one who has had the ability to be potty trained for months, but not the incentive.  And with this girl, incentive is everything.

We finally discovered her incentive the nights she cried to go to Cubbies with Hudson.  We explained that only big girls who went in the big girl potty got to go Cubbies.

Two weeks ago, she put on underwear and hasn’t looked back.  Two accidents and a three-day weekend is all she needed. 

Did I mention she gave up her pacifier the same weekend?  Cold turkey.  This girl and her will astounds me.

Reagan2Its this girl…

The one whose feisty spirit makes us both laugh and beat our heads against the wall at the same time.  The one who loves building with blocks and playing princesses with Devyn.  The one who repeats everything her older siblings say and do.  The one who grabs her baby sister’s hand and pulls Ashlynn into her room to play.  The one who proudly declares at least six times a day, “Mommy!  I’m a big girl now!”

Its this girl that turned three years old today. 

We love you, Reagan Jacqueline.  You are such a gift to our family; you make us laugh and giggle.  You are such a delight and we are honored to be your parents.  We hope you had a special day, my Love!  And PS, yes, you are such a big girl now.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

5 comments

Write comments
Jessica
AUTHOR
10:49 PM delete

Aww, what a sweet post! She & Ashby sound a lot alike! I bet they would get along great! Ha! I hope little miss Reagan had a wonderful birthday!

Reply
avatar
Amy Silver
AUTHOR
12:03 AM delete

Haha, love the "feed the baby" part :) That is how I imagine my kids will be with how outspoken I am about it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a beautiful girl!

Reply
avatar
Jody
AUTHOR
1:34 PM delete

Happy 3rd Birthday to miss Reagan! I hope that she had a very fun birthday with her cousin and that you and your family have a wonderful New Years!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
9:23 PM delete

Beautiful post. I love that girl too. So many stories, she makes me laugh too. I can't believe how "big" she is either. :)

Reply
avatar
Momof4Girls
AUTHOR
10:13 AM delete

Jenn, I LOVE this post!! You are sooo good at describing things and people in your writing, honey!! =) Our little Reagan is 3--oh my!! And she is more than ready to take on the world. I loved the line about how you can beat your head against the wall with her! She is going to give you a run for your money!! But, I LOVE her fiesty spirit!!
We love you, Reagan!
Love, Nana and Papa

Reply
avatar