Trick-or-Treat, Mulan for The Win

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 4 Comments A+ a-

Well, this was one of the craziest Halloweens I’ve ever experienced.  I’m exhausted, y’all.  Exhausted!  I noted that Halloween felt like a marathon, and it truly did.  I woke up at 6:30am, trying to get everything together for the day, and don’t think I sat down for longer than 10-15 minutes at a time.

  • I had to leave the grocery store mid-trip because I could sense the meltdowns were not far away.  And I was right.
  • My friend, Cassie, had to keep a tight rein on Reagan during the costume parade because she so desperately wanted to join her brother and sister and strut her Bumblebee costume.
  • I sprinted between Hudson and Devyn’s classrooms, with Reagan and Ashlynn in tow, to check out both parties.
  • And it was mid-transit that I heard the loudspeaker announce Devyn’s name as one of the winners of the costume contest for 1st grade.  I shook my head because when Devyn said she wanted to be Mulan, I wondered where she got that idea.  Of all the Disney princesses… Mulan.  But it earned her some free ice cream at our local coffee shop.  So be it.
  • And truth be told, Mulan has ended up being one of my favorite costumes of hers.  She really rocked the Asian Princess look.
  • We can’t forget Hudson.  The I-can’t-decide-until-the-last-minute-thereby-ensuring-Mom-can’t-buy-a-costume Hudson.  He had the hardest time deciding between GI Joe, a football player, a fireman, and a cowboy.  He finally decided on Cowboy, but it was too late.  So therefore, he was GI Joe.  Again.

It was a successful Halloween.  And now?  I’m ready for a day at home, with nowhere to go.  Bring it on Tuesday.

HalloweenCollage1HalloweenCollage2

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

4 comments

Write comments
Kate
AUTHOR
7:20 AM delete

I love Mulan! She looks great. And what little guy doesn't want to be GI Joe...any number of times. ;)

Reply
avatar
Ashley
AUTHOR
7:34 AM delete

She looks awesome as Mulan! So cute!! They all look adorable. You need to rest up today, Mama. sounds like a fun but crazy day!

Reply
avatar
Lauren
AUTHOR
8:46 AM delete

SO fun and CUTE costumes!!!! Your new blog look makes me so happy. Bring on the holidays!!!!!!!!! :)

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
12:42 PM delete

I'll say it again. My heart broke a little bit looking at those pictures of Devyn. She is way too young to look that beautiful =(

Reply
avatar