Trick-or-Treat, Mulan for The Win
Well, this was one of the craziest Halloweens I’ve ever experienced. I’m exhausted, y’all. Exhausted! I noted that Halloween felt like a marathon, and it truly did. I woke up at 6:30am, trying to get everything together for the day, and don’t think I sat down for longer than 10-15 minutes at a time.
- I had to leave the grocery store mid-trip because I could sense the meltdowns were not far away. And I was right.
- My friend, Cassie, had to keep a tight rein on Reagan during the costume parade because she so desperately wanted to join her brother and sister and strut her Bumblebee costume.
- I sprinted between Hudson and Devyn’s classrooms, with Reagan and Ashlynn in tow, to check out both parties.
- And it was mid-transit that I heard the loudspeaker announce Devyn’s name as one of the winners of the costume contest for 1st grade. I shook my head because when Devyn said she wanted to be Mulan, I wondered where she got that idea. Of all the Disney princesses… Mulan. But it earned her some free ice cream at our local coffee shop. So be it.
- And truth be told, Mulan has ended up being one of my favorite costumes of hers. She really rocked the Asian Princess look.
- We can’t forget Hudson. The I-can’t-decide-until-the-last-minute-thereby-ensuring-Mom-can’t-buy-a-costume Hudson. He had the hardest time deciding between GI Joe, a football player, a fireman, and a cowboy. He finally decided on Cowboy, but it was too late. So therefore, he was GI Joe. Again.
It was a successful Halloween. And now? I’m ready for a day at home, with nowhere to go. Bring it on Tuesday.