Hearts 4 Hearts Dolls

Sunday, November 20, 2011 8 Comments A+ a-

I mentioned that Devyn requested the Hearts 4 Hearts dolls for her birthday and I am so in love with these dolls that I felt they deserve their own post.

Hearts4HeartsWe were wandering the aisles of Walmart when Devyn first brought them to my attention.  There stood the display of dolls and in an excited, run-on, long-winded sentence, Devyn told me about them. 

As I looked over the individual dolls, the one thing that really stood out to me was the fact that they looked like Americ*n Girl dolls but didn’t have the pricey tag attached.  Now don’t get me wrong, I love Americ*n Girls dolls as much as the next female.  Heck, I devoured the books as a girl myself.  But I’m not about to spend $100 on a doll at my girls’ ages right now and the $30 price tag of these Hearts 4 Hearts dolls was definitely more manageable.

I patted Devyn on the back, urging her along, but tucked the idea of these dolls away to explore further.  And explore I did…  Here’s a brief highlight of my favorite things about these dolls.

  • First, and foremost, I LOVE that a portion of the proceeds go to World Vision, a Christian organization that is much like Compassion who strives to help children in other countries.  I LOVE that!
  • These dolls bear a strong message about confidence, education, and a desire to help their families.  A message I’m consistently trying to instill in my own girls.
  • These dolls are little girl dolls.  They are dressed like little girls.  There’s no makeup, no questionable clothing, no unattainable body shape.  Dolls that I have no qualms giving to my girls.
  • These dolls are well-made.  Despite the smaller price tag, these are not thrown together or made with cheap materials.  Well-made, strong, dolls.
  • I love that each doll comes from a different country and comes with a story of a girl in that country, and I’ve already read the books to Devyn.  What a great way to expose our girls to new cultures.

Devyn received two Hearts 4 Hearts dolls for her birthday.  She received Consuelo from us, Nahji from my parents, and an outfit for each doll from Jon’s dad.  Devyn shared Nahji with Reagan last night and both girls fells asleep with a doll tucked under their arms.  And it’s already been decided that we’re adding a Hearts 4 Hearts doll to Reagan’s Christmas list. 

ConsueloMexico

Consuelo - Capture the colorful warmth of Mexico with our Consuelo doll! Like all Hearts For Hearts Girls dolls, Consuelo stands 14 inches high and has a poseable, smooth vinyl body, and high-quality rooted hair for hours of doll play. Her hair is a waist-length fall of shining black and her eyes are deep brown with copper highlights.

Consuelo comes dressed in a ruffled, lace-trimmed turquoise skirt and a lime-green blouse with lively floral embroidery on the collar.

Accessories include: Silvery hoop earrings strung with bright beads, color-coordinated bangle bracelets, festive hot pink flower head band, bright pink shoes with silky ribbon ties, doll-sized hair comb with hair elastic, girl-sized H4HG power bracelet, beautiful mini storybook about Consuelo’s life.

NahjiIndia

Nahji - Experience a girl’s life in exotic India with our Nahji doll! Like all Hearts For Hearts Girls dolls, Nahji stands 14 inches high and has a poseable, smooth vinyl body, and high-quality rooted hair for hours of doll play. Her brown eyes gleam with amber glints and her hair is a sweeping fall of rich coffee brown.

Nahji comes dressed in a tunic of bright fuschia-colored crinkle cotton, trimmed in white appliqué, and lavender leggings with deep hems of embossed gold print.

Accessories include: Braided purple choker with pearl-like pendant, drop earrings of simulated pearl and emerald, removable beaded pearl headband, golden bangle bracelets, hand tattoo inspired by the henna mendhi of India, purple strap sandals, doll-sized hair comb with hair elastic, girl-sized H4HG power bracelet, beautiful mini storybook about Nahji’s life, jeweled nose piercing.

I haven’t been compensated in ANY way for this post.  Its simply one mama’s opinion of a great product and one I can whole-heartedly give my support to.  I’m quite excited to add to our collection of Hearts 4 Hearts dolls in the future, hoping they’ll add more dolls and the additional accessories they’ve promised on their site.  And if you should decide to buy one for your little girl, I promise you won’t be disappointed!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

8 comments

Write comments
Ashley
AUTHOR
9:01 PM delete

These dolls are so neat! I've never heard of them before, but I love them!

Reply
avatar
Diana
AUTHOR
9:50 PM delete

So neat! I need to check these dolls out. My girls are really wanting A girl dolls and I am not ready for that. Thanks for sharing!

Reply
avatar
Jessica
AUTHOR
10:06 PM delete

What adorable dolls & I love that a portion of the sales goes to World Vision! I will definitely be looking to get these for my girls for Christmas. Thanks Jenn!

Reply
avatar
Jillian
AUTHOR
3:37 AM delete

I might need to get one for Emerson!

Reply
avatar
2:21 PM delete

I've never heard of these!

Reply
avatar
Ali
AUTHOR
7:55 AM delete

Love the dolls and the idea of proceeds helping others! Where do you get the total outfit(yellow dress etc.) that Consuelo doll is wearing?

Reply
avatar
A
AUTHOR
6:59 PM delete

This is fantastic! We are adopting a little girl from India, and I will definitely get her the Nahji doll. She doesn't come in the sari pictured though, and I can't find it anywhere. Do you have any idea where I could get it?? Thanks!

Reply
avatar
9:51 AM delete

Hi, I have Consuelo sitting next to me ;) and I would like to purchase longer clothes for her (like a longer skirt, or pants). Where do you buy accessories for these dolls?
Thanks- love the collection you have!

Reply
avatar