She’s a sly one

Saturday, October 08, 2011 6 Comments A+ a-

Reagan came up to me, blue eyes as round and innocent as possible.  “Where’s my paci?” she asked.  She lifted her shoulders in question.

I smiled and pointed to the kitchen.  “Its on the counter.”

“Can I have it?”  I watched as she blinked once, then twice.  All sweetness and seemingly without guile.

I shook my head no.  “You know the rules, Rea.  Its only for naps and bed time.”

She formed her mouth into a pout, then her eyes brightened.  “But I just want to hold it.”

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

6 comments

Write comments
Christine
AUTHOR
11:14 PM delete

Love her. She cracks me up.

Reply
avatar
3:55 PM delete

my sister used to do this with sprinkles. she'd want to see them, then hold them, then smell them, and finally taste just one! they are pretty smart!

Reply
avatar
Stepha
AUTHOR
5:26 PM delete

So funny! Just found your blog from Brittneys Blessings! We did this with the little boy I work with, finally once it broke we told him he couldn't have it anymore!

Reply
avatar
Ashley
AUTHOR
6:37 PM delete

Haha! Smart little thing! :)

Reply
avatar
1:43 PM delete

hahaha she is TOO cute!

Reply
avatar
Mindy
AUTHOR
6:46 PM delete

Oh dear! Those eyes would have me wrapped around her finger in seconds...

Reply
avatar