A Jumbled Mess

Friday, October 14, 2011 5 Comments A+ a-

  • Its Friday.  My mind is fried.  And bullet points are all I can handle today.
  • First of all, I am overwhelmed by the kinds words from everyone in response to my last post.  Twitter, Facebook, this blog.  Wow, I’m just awed that so many care and are excited with me.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!
  • I have to admit, while the first email was exciting, the second email was even more so.  I have names of people to contact, more information about the publishing company, and a greater desire to finish this book.  They want to see a finished manuscript!  MY finished manuscript.  Um, someone pinch me.
  • So I’m hoping to dedicate more time to this book o’ mine.  I’m trying to be realistic in my goals, but I think a book in four to five months is doable.  Right?  I’ll just write when I have free time.  Right.
  • Hudson’s imagination has really gone into overdrive since starting preschool.  I’ve never seen him make up games on his own before.  He usually just goes along with whatever Devyn wants to play.  But yesterday he played hair salon and today it was restaurant.
  • He was both the “cooking man” and the waiter.  He even set up a table with a chair for me, and plates.  He took my order on a coffee filter and scolded me for changing Ashlynn’s diaper in the “restaurant”.
  • He’s really bossy when he plays imagination.
  • Last night was Devyn’s first musical performance and it lasted all of 15 minutes.  Ha!  I’m sure that trying to keep the attention of 80+ first graders is a feat above all feats.  So I completely understand.
  • It was adorable!  Adorable in a way that only a mom (or dad or grandparents) can appreciate.  I didn’t get teary, it just warmed my heart in only a way other mothers can understand.  And to The Grand Ol’ Flag of all things.
  • Afterwards we went to McDonald’s for a treat after the “concert” and I got a brief glimpse into Devyn’s teenage years.  Apparently some other families had the same ideas and there were about three boys from Devyn’s class there, all vying for her attention.  And then there was Devyn… who was both embarrassed and flattered by it.  Oy vey!
  • Does anyone want to come take my place during their teen years?  I’m just not sure how I’m going to deal with it all.
  • Reagan is continuing her streak of not going to sleep until 11:00pm or midnight.  We have tried everything!  Earlier naps, no naps, earlier bedtimes, later bedtimes, earlier wake times.  It doesn’t matter.  The girl is a night owl.  And I’m thoroughly convinced that these Littles are just born with the internal clocks they were given.  School mornings are going to be fun with her.
  • Ashlynn continues to be a morning girl and I’ve decided there’s nothing better than waking up to her ear-to-ear smile. 
  • Her personality is really starting to shine and where Reagan tends to be mischievous, Ashlynn seems to be a clown.  We all think she’s hysterically funny and therefore, she’s constantly trying to make us laugh.
  • And her kisses?!  Oh sweet, open-mouthed, slobbery, baby kisses.  Be still my heart!
  • Have you heard of Pinterest?  I opened a Pinterest account last spring before it really took off.  And while I can totally appreciate the purpose of the site, I just do not have time to devote to it.  I’m sorry to anyone that follows me on there, because I never pin anything! I’m just never on there.
  • Except I will be on there this weekend.  A lot.
  • Apparently when I signed up to “help” with Hudson’s Halloween party at school, I signed up to PLAN it.  This was recently brought to my attention by his teacher, and I assure you, had I known that’s what I was signing up for… I wouldn’t have.
  • So now when you see me pinning a ton of Halloween party stuff this weekend, you’ll know why.  And say a prayer for me.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

5 comments

Write comments
Jessica
AUTHOR
4:01 PM delete

And that is why I signed up to bring a fruit platter for Kennedy's Halloween Party. :) My creativity for these types of things is lacking.

Reply
avatar
5:40 PM delete

I saw your good news from yesterday!!! How exciting!! I'm so proud for you!!!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
10:44 PM delete

I love the bullet point posts. I just love reading about all of the littles. You forgot to mention "Aunt" in your list of people whose hearts were warmed by Devyn's program. I almost got teary during that song myself. I just can't believe she's a 1st grader!

Reply
avatar
Amy Silver
AUTHOR
8:39 AM delete

Where've you been lately?! I've missed seeing your posts!

Reply
avatar