I need a good chuckle.

Sunday, October 30, 2011 5 Comments A+ a-

As I’m going over our schedule tomorrow, I can feel the stress settling between my shoulders.  Just take a look…

Morning

Get Devyn dressed, ready for school. Complete with costume.  Grocery shopping.  Stop by my old job with the dressed-up Littles. Unload groceries.  Straighten up my disaster of a house.

Afternoon

Lunch.  Get Hudson out the door for school.  Return home, put the youngest Littles down for a nap.  Get back to Hudson’s class in time for the costume parade, help with the Halloween party.  Take everyone to my Mom’s so she can show off the Littles in their costumes.

Evening

Make chili for everyone, try to keep the sugar-high kids from destroying the house, have family over for dinner, get the Littles dressed up (for the 3rd time in less than 24 hours), a mini-photo shoot, and attempt at least 2 blocks of trick-or-treating.

Night

Wrestle sugar-high kids into pajamas, convince them that sleep is a good thing, eventually threaten to take away their candy if they don’t go to sleep.right.this.very.minute, then the sugar coma finally overtakes them, we steal their candy anyway and eventually collapse into bed.

See?  Good times await.  I need a laugh.  You?

**************************

Yesterday Hudson and I were playing camping in his bedroom.  As I looked down at this son of mine, whose heart and imagination are stealing my heart once again, I ran my thumb across his cheek, across the smattering of freckles.  “Hudson, do you know where freckles come from?” I asked.

He shrugged impishly, “No.”

“They’re angels’ kisses,” I told him.  The same thing my grandma told me whenever she admired my freckles.

“What?!” he asked incredulously.  “When they’re done kissing my cheeks, do they fly back into my heart?”

**************************

When we pulled into the church parking lot, I hopped out and reached into the back to unlatch Reagan from her car seat.  She looked at me in surprise.  I don’t wear makeup every day and today, like most every Sunday, my makeup was done in the car on the way to church.

“Mama,” she breathed.  “You have lips?!?” 

Ha!  That’ll teach me to wear makeup and lipstick more often.

**************************

Yesterday we spent the day at my parents house while Jon and Caleb put shelves up in the garage.  (Side note, last night was the first time in 33 years of marriage that my parents parked both cars in the garage.  Seriously.)  Reagan and Elliana are developing quite the relationship, and being only 2 weeks apart certainly helps. 

Reagan was walking around with a pacifier in her mouth (a total no-no in our house), when Elliana walked up to her, pulled it out of her mouth, and tossed on the nearest kitchen counter.

“Reagan, you don’t need that!  You’re a big girl!”

**************************

1319921859566

**************************

That’s it for now…  I hope to have pictures of our Mulan, GI Joe, Bumblebee, and Ladybug up on Tuesday.  And for all my complaining of our busy day tomorrow, its going to be a blast too!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

5 comments

Write comments
Jillian
AUTHOR
7:01 AM delete

Okay now I'm going to make chili tonight:)

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
7:52 AM delete

"Have the family over for dinner."
Thanks for the invite. Again. =)

Reply
avatar
Kat
AUTHOR
9:07 AM delete

Lol they are so funny!!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
2:19 PM delete

LOVE this post. The story about Hudson and the freckles made me smile. He's so cute. I love that our little ones are so close. :)

Reply
avatar
Michelle
AUTHOR
7:49 AM delete

Elliana cracks me up!!!

Reply
avatar