Say What?!

Thursday, September 29, 2011 10 Comments A+ a-

Yesterday when I picked Hudson and Devyn up from school, Hudson pointed at a little girl with blond, curly hair and blue eyes.  She was walking out of his classroom, her hand in her mom’s, and a Hello Kitty backpack on.  “Mama,” he said.  “She’s pretty.”  I looked at her and agreed, “Yep, Bud, she sure is.”

And as we walked to the van, his eyes followed her as they made their way to their own car. ‘So cute,’ I thought. ‘His first crush.’

After a morning of throwing up, Hudson stayed home from school.  His 3-hour nap this afternoon confirmed that we’d made the right decision.

We picked Devyn up from school this afternoon and once everyone was settled at home, he asked Devyn, “Did you tell my girlfriend that I was sick?”

Um, what? Excuse me?  Girlfriend?

“Devyn, my girlfriend is pretty!” he continued.  I just nodded my head, in awe that this conversation was actually taking place.

“I’m going to tell Daddy that I have a pretty girlfriend!” he announced.  “He’ll like that.”

“Yes, Bud, I’m sure he will.”  It took all my willpower to keep my tongue planted firmly in my cheek and keep from laughing at my little man.

The rest of the afternoon was spent asking whether or not his girlfriend could come over to play, or if she could have a sleepover, or if I had his girlfriend’s phone number, and the questions went on and on.

And when Daddy came home and Hudson told him about his pretty girlfriend, Jon and I exchanged looks over Hudson’s head.  Were we really at this place already?  Granted, he’s four and has no clue what he’s talking about, but still…

Hudson and girlfriends. A glimpse of things to come!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

10 comments

Write comments
6:46 PM delete

Haha that is TOO funny!! I bet Jon wouldn't like it if Devyn was coming home saying she had a cute boyfriend ;)

Reply
avatar
Ashley
AUTHOR
7:59 PM delete

Haha! That is so cute!

Reply
avatar
Jennifer
AUTHOR
10:37 PM delete

Oh Jenn, that is so cute!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
11:52 PM delete

Oh my goodness. I LOVED this. You and Jon are going to have your hands full when your kiddos become teenagers. Ha!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
11:53 PM delete

Oh my goodness. I LOVED this. You and Jon are going to have your hands full when your kiddos become teenagers. Ha!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
11:53 PM delete

Oh my goodness. I LOVED this. You and Jon are going to have your hands full when your kiddos become teenagers. Ha!

Reply
avatar
Angie
AUTHOR
6:56 AM delete

Such a sweet boy! This made me giggle :)

I love your new look...it is so pretty!

Reply
avatar
Mindy
AUTHOR
8:15 AM delete

I love the new simple look! And Hudson is TOO funny!

Reply
avatar
Lauren
AUTHOR
9:02 AM delete

Oh..... toooooo sweet!!!!!!!!!!! Ha!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
2:11 PM delete

Love, love, love the new layout. Great work as usual.

Reply
avatar