Sacred Marriage It Is
Your marriage is more than a sacred covenant with another person. It is a spiritual discipline designed to help you know God better, trust him more fully, and love him more deeply… Scores of books have been written that offer guidance for building the marriage of your dreams. But what if God’s primary intent for your marriage isn’t to make you happy… but holy? And what if your relationship isn’t as much about you and your spouse as it is about you and God?
Well, the masses have spoken and Sacred Marriage it is. I’m really excited about this for two reasons. One, it’ll allow us to have a broader audience this time around. And two, I’m always looking for a way to make my marriage stronger.
So I guess, we’re ready to start. Please bear with me as we iron out details as we go along. I’ve never imagined doing a Blogger/Twitter bible study before, so I’m sure there might be some bumps along the way. I appreciate your patience in advance!
Just to recap…
- We’re going to read one chapter every two weeks. This book has 13 chapters, so we’re looking at 26 weeks or 6 months. That’s a long time, and I certainly understand if its too much of a commitment at this time.
- Every other Tuesday we’ll post our thoughts on the chapter, and link back on this blog so we can all read each other’s posts.
- The following Thursday, we’ll hold a discussion about the chapter on Twitter.
- I will also be creating a private Facebook page so we can interact there too, as well as share prayer requests.
If you’re interested in joining us on this adventure, please do the following.
- Buy a copy of the Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas. I have a list of sites where its available below, and I’m sure its available at your local Christian book store too.
- Either leave a comment on this post, or send me a private email at biggest_blessings (at) yahoo (dot) com. In the comment or email, please give me your name, email address, and/or Twitter handle.
- Have the 1st chapter read and your thoughts ready to post about by Tuesday, September 13th.
Whew. I think that’s it! And if you made it all the way to the bottom of this post, I’m impressed.
I’m praying that in the midst of us learning together, growing closer to God and our spouses, that God will also be glorified in this body of women. I hope you’ll be able to join us!