Blogging Bible Study?

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 18 Comments A+ a-

So I saw this study in my email box and tweeted that I’d love to this study and ventured forth an idea of doing a Blogger/Twitter bible study.  I really had no clue what that would look like and am just starting to flesh out the idea.  But here’s what I’ve come up with so far…

  • All participants could read one chapter every 2 weeks, and post their thoughts about the chapter every other Tuesday.  I’ll provide the linkup and we could all visit each other sites and read each other’s thoughts.
  • Then those that are on Twitter could gather for a Live chat that following Thursday to discuss questions from the chapter.

I am really liking this idea and would love to have anyone who’s interested join us!  I am in no way an expert on all things Bible or parenting or marriage or whatever we decide to study, I’ll be learning alongside all of you.  But I’m happy to mediate and organize the study.

My only concerns are a) I still think we can all benefit from studying and having fellowship with other women face-to-face, I don’t think this should replace that at all, and b) sharing prayer requests.  I haven’t quite figured that one out yet…  I welcome thoughts or opinions on this.

So moving on to study ideas… I originally wanted to do the above study, but it is pretty limited to only those with sons.  So I’m putting forth a selection of study ideas for those interested to place their votes.  Majority rules.

You can place your votes on the left…  You can read more about each study by clicking on the links below.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

18 comments

Write comments
Kim H.
AUTHOR
11:55 AM delete

I'm so excited! I love the idea of this. I agree it shouldn't take the place of fellowship with other ladies in person - but I think it's a great supplemental idea because we're all in the same boat right now.

I'm happy with any study. Maybe we could have a private blog for prayer requests? Or a private FB group?

Reply
avatar
Laura
AUTHOR
12:04 PM delete

I would love to do this!

I was about to suggest what Kim did about a private FB group. That way we can all chat that way, and people can control how many e-mails they get, etc.

Personally, I'd love to do the 5 Conversations with Your Son one or the Shepherding a Child's Heart one. I think this is a great idea, and I'm excited! :)

Reply
avatar
Laura
AUTHOR
12:04 PM delete

I would love to do this!

I was about to suggest what Kim did about a private FB group. That way we can all chat that way, and people can control how many e-mails they get, etc.

Personally, I'd love to do the 5 Conversations with Your Son one or the Shepherding a Child's Heart one. I think this is a great idea, and I'm excited! :)

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
12:06 PM delete

I think this is a great idea Jenn! Obviously I don't have kids so I can't participate in those but if you guys ever do the marriage or insecurity one count me in!

Reply
avatar
Lynsey
AUTHOR
12:26 PM delete

I love this idea and I agree that a private FB page group is a good idea for the prayer requests.

I am up for any of the studies.

Reply
avatar
Rebecca
AUTHOR
1:09 PM delete

I'd love to do this with you. I think my kids are a little young for the 5 conversation studies but I up for any of them.

Reply
avatar
Lauren
AUTHOR
1:35 PM delete

I would love this!! I especially like the slow pace that you suggested. ;-) I vote for Sacred Marriage.

Reply
avatar
Kimberly
AUTHOR
2:16 PM delete

Sounds like fun! However, I'm not sure I'll post on my blog. Maybe just follow along with Twitter stuff.

Reply
avatar
Ali Thompson
AUTHOR
4:48 PM delete

This sounds like a great idea!

Reply
avatar
6:27 PM delete

I will definitely be on board if it is one of the last 2 books (since I dont have sweet babies yet)

love this idea, and i definitely think we could make it work!!! :)

Reply
avatar
KM
AUTHOR
7:00 PM delete

I would love to join! I don't have a Bible study group I attend and have been wanting to get going. This will help me get the fire I need to attend one at my church! I would love to do the Shepherding a Child's Heart, but any subject is fine with me. Let me know when you get it up and going. I miss a lot of Twitter feeds now, so I didn't know you were doing this! You are such a great person!

~KM
@CMsmommy
@SAHMingitontheplains.blogspot.com

Reply
avatar
Mrs. I
AUTHOR
7:42 PM delete

I'm totally in!!

Great idea and for those of us looking for "small" group, but haven't found one IRL, this is perfect!

~Steph
@StephanieG143

Reply
avatar
8:24 PM delete

Great idea! So Long Insecurity is an amazing book. I did it with my bible study last spring!

Reply
avatar
Kelsey
AUTHOR
9:52 PM delete

LOVE this idea! I'm in if you decide to do Sacred Marriage or So Long, Insecurity.

Reply
avatar
Michelle
AUTHOR
11:52 AM delete

I'd love to join in, but of course don't have any kids. But if you guys want to do the marriage one, count me in, or I'd love to do So Long Insecurity again... it's such a great read! Great idea Jenn!

Reply
avatar
Amy Silver
AUTHOR
11:55 PM delete

I'd love to join in on the marriage one!

Reply
avatar
Cindy
AUTHOR
11:40 AM delete

Love this idea. It is so hard to get to a bible study when you work full time. I really like any of the books. I just bought Sacred Marriage so maybe that one but I am not opposed to any.

Reply
avatar
Kim
AUTHOR
9:11 AM delete

HI I just found your blog threw a tweet from a friend I follow on Blogger, and thought this is just what I needed! This sounds like a wonderful idea!! Id love to do either of these, I have a little boy myself but whichever one you come up with will work.

Reply
avatar