Monkey Business

Sunday, July 17, 2011 18 Comments A+ a-

I loved my last design.  LOVED it.  It will go down as one of my favorite designs of all time.

But I needed a change and as I pondered my new look, nothing inspired me.

Nothing, that is, until I started singing “10 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed”; a song that’s becoming a staple in our home to help coax Reagan out of a bad mood.  The idea stuck and I made the mistake of mentioning it to the Littles.

BIG mistake.

From the moment I mentioned the monkey design, they were constantly asking me about it.  They wanted to help me.  They wanted to see it.  They pestered me in the car, on errands, and used it to avoid bed times.  “Mama, I can stay up and help you with the monkey design.”

Right.

The look on their face when I showed them the first draft was priceless.  They started guessing who was who (can you guess which monkey belongs to who?  The Hudson monkey is pretty obvious…) and then they gave me their seal of approval.

So without further ado… My 4 Little Monkeys.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

18 comments

Write comments
Kodi
AUTHOR
12:04 AM delete

It's adorable Jenn! You are so talented. Reagan definitely has the banana because she's the spunky one. :)

Reply
avatar
1:05 AM delete

Very cute!!!

Reply
avatar
Ali Thompson
AUTHOR
1:56 AM delete

First of all, I love monkeys so this is my favorite design. Plus I sing that song to my nephew over Skype, and I get out some stuffed monkeys to act it out for him. Although due to Peanut and Biscuit's attempts to eat the stuffed monkeys when they fall down, we've changed the words to "5 little monkeys jumping like frogs, 1 fell down and got eaten by a dog, Mama called the doctor and he wrote on his blog...no more monkeys jumping like frogs!"

Anyway. I think that based on size, Devyn is on the right with the orange bow, Ashlynn has the yellow bow (sitting cuz she can't stand yet), and Reagan has the green bow and is climbing over the sign to be spunky. And of course, Hudson with the hat.

Reply
avatar
Jennifer
AUTHOR
5:59 AM delete

I absolutely LOVE the monkey design! So cute!

Reply
avatar
Lauren
AUTHOR
6:28 AM delete

LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
7:41 AM delete

Jenn it looks SO good! I think Devyn is the one with the banana, Ashlynn is sitting down and Reagan is behind the title.

Reply
avatar
Joanna Noel
AUTHOR
7:53 AM delete

LOVE the new blog look! So cute! I am in need of a blog makeover soon! Just need to save up the money and I'll be over to visit again! LOL!

XOXO

Reply
avatar
Laura
AUTHOR
9:21 AM delete

That is ADORABLE. I love love monkeys. I have stuffed monkeys, a monkey teapot, a monkey plate, a monkey cookie jar... the list goes on :)

Reply
avatar
Becky
AUTHOR
9:45 AM delete

LOVE it!!!! So adorable!

Reply
avatar
Jessica
AUTHOR
10:01 AM delete

What an adorable design, Jenn! LOVE it!

Reply
avatar
10:19 AM delete

I LOVE it! So cute and so appropriate :)

Reply
avatar
Kimberly
AUTHOR
11:28 AM delete

This is such a cute design. Love it!!

Reply
avatar
Jillian
AUTHOR
2:29 PM delete

I love it!!!

Reply
avatar
Jennifer
AUTHOR
8:52 PM delete

I LOVE this new design!! You are so talented, Jenn!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
11:09 PM delete

LOVE the new design!
Ellie is obsessed with that song these days too. I'll have to show her the design.
I completely agree with Ali and Courtney on who's who. I think they nailed it!
Hudson-easy to spot. Devyn is the monkey standing with the banana because she's the oldest. Ashlynn sitting on the ground because that's what she does these days and Reagan hiding behind the sign just waiting to start some trouble! ;-)
Do the littles approve?

Reply
avatar
11:34 PM delete

The new design is INCREDIBLE!!!!

Reply
avatar