Brief Moments

Saturday, July 23, 2011 4 Comments A+ a-

1960scollage

  1. After months of asking and wondering when she was going to lose a tooth, imagine my surprise when I looked in her mouth this past week and noticed an adult tooth coming in behind her baby tooth.  This is new for me.  In my experience, I lost my baby tooth first, then the adult tooth grew in.  But apparently Devyn is going to do this backwards.  The baby tooth is loose, but not quite ready to come out.
  2. Jon, his grandpa, and Hudson went fishing yesterday.  I love watching three generations of {insert last name} men going off to fish together.  Grandpa even outfitted Hudson with his own tackle box, complete with Hudson’s name on it.  Hudson was extremely proud of himself, and the 11 fish he caught.  I’m not sure when it happened, but he somehow has turned into a little boy this summer.
  3. Reagan, oh Miss Reagan.  She is still adding the “a” vowel sound onto the ends of her words.  Just tonight as I was changing her diaper before bed, she looked at me and said, “Ewwwww-ah.”  She continues to be a handful and has even started a game with my mom; where Nana tries to cajole a greeting out of Reagan and Reagan just stares at her out of the corner of her eyes and keeps a poker face until she bursts into giggles. 
  4. And this one.  The new developments are coming every day now it seems.  At 7 1/2 months old, she’s decided that enough is enough and that she needs to be mobile like her siblings.  Not only is she moving around with a hybrid of crawling and scooting, she’s also walking along furniture and across the room with the help of stools and push toys. 

Life continues to move at a fast and furious pace.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

4 comments

Write comments
Christine
AUTHOR
11:28 PM delete

Oh how I love those four. All of them are growing up way too fast. And that picture of Hudson looks like Jon.

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
6:49 AM delete

I still can't believe she is starting to walk! She's too young!

Reply
avatar
Jillian
AUTHOR
12:48 PM delete

I love this picture of the four of them!! LOVE it!!

Reply
avatar
Britni
AUTHOR
6:15 PM delete

Your littles are absolutely PRECIOUS!! It was great getting to meet all of y'all! I look forward to seeing y'all again someday, soon! :)

Reply
avatar