Where We’ve Been…

Thursday, June 30, 2011 10 Comments A+ a-

The last few days I was pretty silent on the Twitter and Facebook.  Jon got this bright idea in his head that I needed to stop telling the internets that our house was empty and thus tempting the burglars to ransack our house.  So we I didn’t tell anyone that we were invited on an impromptu camping trip with some friends.CampingCollage1

It was great to get away, despite the fact that Mandy and I have decided that about 3 days is all we can handle in a campsite.  Despite the fact that there 6 Littles ages 6 and under… not counting the one that Mandy is currently baking.  Despite the fact that the mosquitos were the worst I’ve seen in a long time.  Despite the fact we were skunked while fishing.  Despite the fact that we ended the trip with a visit to Urgent Care to find out that Jon had a hairline fracture in his foot.  (Don’t ask…)  CampingCollage2

I kid, I kid.  (Except for that last part, that really happened.)  It was a great trip!   It involved fishing and riding bikes, walks and moose hunts (the Littles have a great imagination), flower picking and smores, camp fires and naps.  I’m so happy we got away for a few days and nights.  And it was especially wonderful to get away with such dear friends.CampingCollage3

I saw this on another blog the other day and HAD to steal it and share it here.  It made me chuckle because so much of it, is SO true!

I love the mountains. I love the cool nights. I love, I LOVE my Denver Broncos. I love the snow. I love the 360 days of sunshine a year. I love Colorado beer. I love the people...I love it all. Which is why I am never ever going to leave...MountainCollage1

I like:

  • That we put the heat and the A/C on all in one day.
  • That people here actually know what a '14 er' is (and I like you even more if you have climbed them, like yours truly).
  • That we are are able to drive 65 miles per hour through 13 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without even flinching.
  • That April Showers bring May Blizzards
  • That when we go to visist our friends at sea level, we can have a case of beer without even getting a buzz.
  • That we know where the real "South Park" is.
  • That most of us have gone skiing in June and golfing in January.

MountainCollage2

  • We have no recognizable accent.
  • We voted for higher taxes to fund Coors field, but voted down taxes for public transportation.
  • We have broken windshields.
  • We have people with business degrees who are frying burgers at a McDonald's in Vail.
  • We own big dogs named Aspen, Buck, Cheyenne or Dakota and they sleep in our beds.
  • We cast out our fishing line while white-water rafting.
  • We are meat eating vegetarians
  • We can use "checking for ticks" as an excuse to get someone naked.
  • We get a certain feeling of satisfaction from knowing that California and Texas are both downstream
  • We know the elevation of a town, but not its population.

I just love Colorado for a million reasons...

Ditto.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

10 comments

Write comments
Britni
AUTHOR
7:52 PM delete

I want to know Colorado like that! I'm finding D a job there ASAP! :)

Reply
avatar
Angie
AUTHOR
7:57 PM delete

We were camping this week too! I love camping :) I cracked up at the tick comment. That is too funny!

I love all your collages...you took lots of fun shots :)

Reply
avatar
Diana
AUTHOR
8:20 PM delete

I love all of your reasons for loving Colorado. I moved out here 11 years ago with the intention of getting my grad degree and then splitting out of here fast. Well, I am still here and love every minute of it!

Reply
avatar
8:57 PM delete

I love the pictures from the camping trip!! The Littles are so sweet!

I missed you - glad you're back!

Reply
avatar
Kelsey
AUTHOR
9:53 PM delete

I think it's about time Amy and I come experience "your Colorado" with you and Courtney! :)

Reply
avatar
Jessica
AUTHOR
11:25 PM delete

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time! I've never been to Colorado but after reading this post, I sooo want to visit there!

Reply
avatar
Kimberly
AUTHOR
3:56 PM delete

Hey...what do you have against Texas?? ;) Glad you had a good time!

Reply
avatar
Momof4Girls
AUTHOR
6:37 AM delete

I LOVE all the photos and the special time that you had!! =) Thanks for sharing honey! Love you!

Reply
avatar
Ambs
AUTHOR
8:04 PM delete

I am a new follower and wanted to say HI!

Looks like you had a great trip, but I would be happy to be home also!!!

Have a great weekend!!!

Reply
avatar
Paula
AUTHOR
8:08 PM delete

First of all, my husband would 100% agree with yours!!

Second, was your child holding snow??? Really?? Hard to imagine when we've had 90's for a month!!

Third, love you had a great time!!

Fourth, I need to visit Colorado!! Looks beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

Reply
avatar