A Little of This and That

Sunday, June 12, 2011 0 Comments A+ a-

It’s been a long while since I’ve written an actual post, and since this is my journal of sorts, I have a lot to catch up on.  Please bear with me as I inundate you with a ton of nonsensical updates.

WashingtonCollageI can’t believe I’m the last to write about our trip to Washington, but I am.  Kudos to Courtney and Kelsey for getting it up the week after we got back.  I also need to confess that I borrowed pictures since I didn’t even take my camera.

It was an incredible trip.  I really don’t think I can do our girls weekend justice with words.  I will say that it was one of the best weekends of my life!  A weekend in which we were able to be as open, vulnerable, and transparent with someone that you’ve usually known a lifetime.  But truth be told, I have always felt like I’ve known Amy my entire life.  It was crazy to see how much alike Kelsey and Courtney were; Kelsey would say something and it was déjà vu since Courtney had likely said the exact same thing in previous conversations.

The night before we left for our trip, Courtney’s husband, Jeremy, prayed that God would bless our weekend away as sisters and He truly did.  Courtney and I have come a long in a way in our relationship and we have never been closer than we are right now.  Courtney, thank you for the wonderful Christmas gift (and birthday gift… for the next 10 years) of our weekend away.  It was such a blessing!  PS  Thank you for the beautiful pictures, Andi!

NewDesignsCollage2I have updated the Munchkin Land Designs Gallery with 15 new designs.  I’m currently working on 4 designs, and have another 6 designs coming up this week.  I am humbled at how God has blessed me with this business.  Its been a wonderful creative outlet for me, while allowing me to bring home some extra income for our family.

But truth be told, I’m no longer a stay-at-home-mom and would be more aptly described as a working-at-home-mom.  And while I’m grateful for the opportunity, it brings with it a whole new set of struggles such as balancing time with the kids and corresponding with clients or figuring out the best times to work on designs and still get stuff around the house finished.  Currently I work on designs during nap time and after kids go to bed.  So far its working for us, but there are times I fail miserably on either side of the spectrum.

WeddingCollageDevyn and Hudson were in a wedding this past weekend.  It was the wedding of Jon’s cousin, Tim to a beautiful woman named Amy.  I met Amy at the family cabin a few years ago and fell instantly in love with her.  She is so beautiful, warm, and genuine.  As I called it when Brock brought Holly home, I knew Amy was Tim’s “one” by the time we left that weekend.  They are so beautifully matched, similar in so many ways.  They’re both artists; Tim is a musical artist (you can check out articles here and here and here, a truly talented man) and Amy is currently in art school.  And they are both middle children.  So suffice it to say, laidback and easy-going is an understatement when describing these two.

We were honored when they asked Devyn and Hudson to be in the wedding, especially since Tim was a musician in our wedding and his younger brother was one of our own ring bearers. 

Armed with the requirements of a gray tie and yellow sundress, they were ready to do their jobs.  This is the 3rd wedding they’ve been flower girl and ring bearer in two years, and they finally got the hang of it.  At Courtney and Jeremy’s wedding, Hudson spiked the pillow at the end of the aisle.  At Brock and Holly’s wedding, Hudson didn’t even make it down the aisle.  But at Tim and Amy’s wedding, they did a magnificent job.  And I’m sure it had NOTHING to do with the goodie bags waiting for them at the end of their walk.  Pure genius, Miss Amy, pure genius.

There’s so much more to catch up on, but Miss Ashlynn has fallen asleep next to me, while sitting up no less.  If that’s not a clear call for bed time, I don’t know what is…

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.