It’s a Bullet-Point Kind of Day

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 10 Comments A+ a-

  • Jon says he measures the extent of my post-partum depression by the amount of clothes that cover the Littles bedroom floors.  Hmmmm.  I suppose its true.  At some point the amount of dirty clothes overwhelms me to the point that I just don’t attempt to do it anymore.
  • I kid, I kid.  Kind of.
  • All that to say that yes, post-partum depression has gotten bad again and in talking with my doctor we upped my dosage.  I’m sure I’ll write a more extensive post about it later. 
  • The reason for that ugly little thing titled post-partum depression is sitting next to me while I type out this post.  Its like a lightbulb switched on in Ashlynn’s head and she reaching new milestones left and right!  She’s a pro at sitting up now.
  • It’s a very bittersweet feeling for me.
  • Has anyone ever heard of a child being allergic to rice cereal?  That is the only thing that’s changed recently.  We haven’t used new diapers or wipes or detergent, etc.  And Ashlynn has a monster of diaper rash.  I’m at a loss!
  • It is a horrific rash with raised red bumps, and some blistering.  We’re using a compounded ointment with equal parts nyastin, desitin, and aquaphor.  I’m hoping for marked improvement soon.
  • Speaking of blogging (how’s that for a transition, ha!), Courtney got hit mega hard by Blogger’s crash a couple of weeks ago.  She lost everything, all her followers, her posts, everything.  We were able to rescue most everything but the followers. 
  • And today Blogger’s not allowing comments.  Good times!
  • I’m seriously thinking about switching everything over to Wordpress.  I’m getting quite experienced at transferring blogs for clients and I may take the plunge myself.
  • I currently have a discounted design available over at Munchkin Land Designs.  Its an Elite design that I’m selling for over 45% off.  Or if you’re interested in winning a Deluxe design, Neely at A Complete Waste of Makeup is giving one away at her blog.
  • I’m chowing on chips and salsa as an afternoon snack, and truly its turned my day around.  Is it sad that food has that kind of affect on me?! 
  • I’m sure its my diet of chips and salsa that isn’t helping me lose this last bit of baby weight.  I got measured for my bridesmaid dress for Alli’s wedding and it was incredibly depressing.
  • I’m definitely going to have to work at this weight loss thing.  But I’ll probably wait until we’re done nursing.
  • Devyn’s last day of school is tomorrow and then I’ll officially have a 1st grader!
  • I think I’m more depressed about the 1st grade than I was kindergarten.  Probably because it means she’ll be gone from me all day, five days a week.  It’s a reality check that I could have done without…
  • Last week was her first Track and Field Day and boy did that bring make memories from my own elementary school days.  My mom came with us and we followed Devyn and her class from activity to activity.
  • I’m so glad we went!
  • It was especially touching to watch Devyn’s class include Hudson in their tug-o-war.  He marched right up the kids, grabbed the rope, and pulled with all his might.  A-dor-able! 
  • And when they pitted the girls against the boys, the girls won with ease.
  • Hudson has really turned a corner as far as obedience, attitude, and tantrums are concerned.  Jon and I were just talking about how much fun he is to have around.  I’m really enjoying him right now.
  • His change happened just in time for Reagan to come into her 2s.  And boy.is.she.two!  Good times…
  • If you’ve made it this far, I applaud you.  And I must excuse myself.  Courtney and I leave in three days to visit these two beautiful ladies and I must ready our house for my absence.  I have floors to mop and laundry to fold.
  • Because apparently the higher dose has kicked in and I must tackle the mountains of laundry that have taken over my children’s rooms.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

10 comments

Write comments
Ashley E.
AUTHOR
8:44 PM delete

Hugs to you girl. I know you posted your behind the scenes and you may not think so, but you really are my hero. Even if your laundry is piled up you are such a good and sweet mother and that is TOTALLY more important than dirty laundry. :)

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
9:04 PM delete

If you head to Wordpress I'll be right behind you. I HATE Blogger right now!

Reply
avatar
Ali Thompson
AUTHOR
9:13 PM delete

ACK! I haven't been on Blogger in a while, and when I saw your thing about the crash a couple weeks ago, I went to check mine. Apparently RIGHT at that moment my internet kicked out, only I didn't know it...so when I clicked the link for "view blog" it said it couldn't be found. I was FREAKING out until I realized my internet was just not connected.

Reply
avatar
Amy...
AUTHOR
10:19 PM delete

YOU make me smile...I just love you. I can relate on just about every level!

Reply
avatar
Angie
AUTHOR
7:59 AM delete

Laundry...it is a bad word in my opinion. Have a fun time on your trip!

Reply
avatar
aggiejenn
AUTHOR
1:14 AM delete

Caleb couldn't tolerate rice cereal...no rash, but it made him severely constipated. We only used oatmeal cereal with him. Have a great trip!

Reply
avatar
6:29 PM delete

Laundry makes me sad too girl... Hope you have a fabulous trip!

Reply
avatar
The Pink Owl
AUTHOR
12:06 AM delete

So glad I found your blog! Have a great weekend!!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
10:28 PM delete

I love your random posts. So much info in such a short time. WOW!
I'm hating blogger right now too.
I'm also VERY sad about Devyn going into 1st grade. That went way too fast.

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
11:35 PM delete

Jenn, I love your random posts too....honest, and a look into your day to day life. One day at a time, honey, one day at a time. It goes so fast with little ones even though at times it doesn't feel like it does. I am praying for you...
Love, Mom

Reply
avatar