Go Big or Go Home

Monday, May 16, 2011 3 Comments A+ a-

Its been a big day for Miss Ashlynn Rose.  First she started sitting on her own.  Granted she’s been working on that move for a few days, but today’s the first time it was for longer than a few seconds.  She’s quite proud of herself too.

So I decided that today would be a good day to tackle her first taste of rice cereal.  She’s been showing signs of readiness for a while now… watching us eat like a hawk… opening her mouth as food passed her by… acting hungry between feedings… etc.  It was beyond time.

FirstFoodCollage1FirstFoodCollage2

I’d say she’s a fan!  She kept grabbing the spoon from me if I wasn’t shoveling it in fast enough, and kept crying for more.  Oh sweet girl…. You’re growing up way too fast for this Mama’s liking.

PS  As time goes on, I’m even more certain that she has Jon’s eyes.  None of my other kids have those wide-set, big eyes and I’m loving them on her.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

3 comments

Write comments
7:44 PM delete

Awww that's so exciting! She is such a cutie :)

Reply
avatar
Neely
AUTHOR
7:49 PM delete

Sweet girl! yay!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
8:56 PM delete

I can NOT believe how quickly she's growing! Yay for the huge milestones!
And I agree, she has Jon's eyes. :)

Reply
avatar