The Last 48 Hours (in pictures)

Saturday, April 16, 2011 7 Comments A+ a-

AshlynnBear1“What are you doing, Mom?”

AshlynnBear2“Hmmmm, while you’re occupied, I wonder how this bear tastes…”

BearAshlynn3“Awww.  I’m cute, aren’t I?!”

SickHudsonFriday at about 3:00am, we woke to the sounds of Hudson throwing up; it continued throughout the morning and afternoon.  I almost felt bad for Jon in our “Jenn does poopy diapers, Jon does vomit” deal.  Almost.  Thankfully he hasn’t thrown up since yesterday, but he still feels horrible and has a high fever.

TabletJon was eligible for a free upgrade on his phone, and he decided to use the upgrade on this tablet (similar to an iPad) instead.  I originally thought he was crazy, but the more I play on it, the more I think he’s a genius.  We added some children’s books to it and Devyn’s already navigating it like a pro!

Personally, I’m ready for an upgrade too.  These pictures are horrible!

DevynCFAJon blessed my desire to escape the house for a couple of hours this afternoon, so Devyn, Ashlynn, and I packed up and headed out.  We started out at Chik-Fil-A and sat in the car to eat it.  Devyn’s reached a new stage of “Mom, don’t take my picture, its embarrassing!”  I took it anyway. 

EasterOutfitThen we did some shopping so I could find an appropriate Easter outfit.  I can’t begin to express the depression that set in during this trip.  My body has shifted, changed, and sagged in ways that I never thought possible; in ways that no amount of diet or exercise will ever change.  It certainly doesn’t help to have Devyn telling me, “Mama, you look like you’re going to have another baby!”  Awesome.  But I think we still managed to find something cute.

DashboardWhen I got home, I had the fun job of telling Jon that our van’s CD player was broken.  Apparently Hudson and Reagan confused it with a slot machine and inserted pennies and nickels into the CD player.  (I couldn’t make this stuff up if I tried.)  This was our dashboard earlier, I feared for its life.  And for my children’s live.  Lets just say that Daddy had some choice words about the situation.

I am happy to report that Jon was able to fix it and put everything back!  (Have I mentioned that his handiness is one of the sexiest things about him?!)

I would normally include a picture of all the Littles, but since Reagan has spent most of the last 48 hours in nothing but a diaper, I didn’t feel it would be appropriate to photograph and share with you all.  Trust me, the n*kedness is not the will of her mama, but of the 2-year-old.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

7 comments

Write comments
8:10 PM delete

I love the outfit and SUPER cute wedges!

Reply
avatar
Leah
AUTHOR
8:56 PM delete

I love those shoes! And if it makes you feel any better Ryanne loves to run around naked too. I'm trying to coax Trey into selling his laptop that we never use and buying an ipad.

Reply
avatar
Jessica
AUTHOR
9:48 PM delete

Aww, poor Hudson. I hope he gets to feeling better & the rest of you are spared.

Super cute Easter outfit! Where did you get the shoes?? They are adorable!

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
9:52 PM delete

I love your Easter outfit, I bet you are going to look great in it!
And Jon's handiness is awesome for our ENTIRE family.

Reply
avatar
Amy Silver
AUTHOR
9:57 PM delete

Ok, I only wanted to comment on about a million things in here! ha. First, jealous of Chik-fil-A!! Second, jealous of Ipad.. Third, jealous of Reagan, I want to run around in underwear (well, maybe a diaper, haha, less bathroom breaks!) all day! Oh yea, and my younger brother once shoved nickels in my CD player as well. I, unfortunately, did not have a "handy" anything at my house. Lucky you!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
10:25 PM delete

I loved this post.
I love the outfit! You're too hard on yourself-you look awesome! I only wish I could look as good as you after having 4 babies.
I hope Hudson gets to feeling better soon. So so sorry he got the nasty stomach bug too.
Your kids are all oh-so-adorable. Love that little Ashlynn and her great grins. :)

Reply
avatar
Dareth
AUTHOR
7:35 PM delete

Love, love, love your Easter outfit!

Reply
avatar