All Over the Place

Thursday, April 28, 2011 2 Comments A+ a-

Thanks to the suggestions of my cousins, Jon downloaded Angry Birds on his new tablet.  I asked him not to, and my greatest fear has been realized.  We are all addicted to the game, including the Littles.

Hudson is a pro on the tablet.  He can navigate the different screens, he can turn the volume up, find the Home screen, and knows where all of his favorite games are.  He loves playing Angry Birds (see above), a golf game, and a pinball game.  I’m in awe that at 4 years old he’s so technologically savvy.

BikeRiding12This evening I sat out front with the Littles while Jon grilled steaks in the back yard.  (Can I get an Amen on the grilling weather?!)  Devyn preferred to stay with Ashlynn and I, but Hudson and Reagan chose to ride bikes with our neighbor, Brock.  It was so funny to watch Reagan try to keep up with the boys.

At 2:00am, I’m going to wake Devyn, pop some popcorn, and curl up on the couch to watch the Royal Wedding.  While I certainly haven’t been obsessed with the media coverage, it IS a big event, and I think it’ll be a wonderful memory to share with Miss Paige.

On Sunday, Miss Ashlynn will be 5 months old.  She is a smiley baby, who adores her siblings, and loves touching faces.  While I am mourning each milestone, the look of utter pride that crosses her face with each roll-over is enough to make it worth it.

I should mention that we have a thumb/finger sucker on our hands.  She’ll take the pacifier, but if its not readily available, hands in mouth.  I love it!  I’ve always secretly wanted a thumb sucker…  Remind me of that in a couple of years when I can’t get her to stop.

Jon returns to 4- 10-hour shifts next week, his summer schedule.  While they mean longer days for me, I really love having three day weekends with him.  It means picnics up the canyon, camping trips, swimming, etc.  I can’t believe summer is almost here…

…which means that I will soon be the mother of a 1st grader.  A 1ST GRADER!  Say what?  Really.  When did this happen?  We just had a conference with Devyn’s teacher and speech therapist this week.  Devyn’s speech has progressed enough to graduate and will no longer need speech therapy.  This development deserves a whole post by itself, but you can imagine how proud we are of Devyn and her hard work.

In 3 days, I will also be able to say that I’m visiting this beautiful lady this month.  I cannot wait to get on a plane with my sister, Courtney, fly out to visit Amy and her beautiful sister, Kelsey, for a girls weekend.  I can’t wait to get my arms around her babies, stay up late talking, and generally just be in the company of someone who I consider to be a kindred spirit.

Its been a rough week.  When the days seem long, my patience wears thin, and there isn’t enough of me to go around.  But… and there’s always a but… my life is so utterly full and complete with each one of these babes.  Even now, I’m humbled into silence by the blessing that is my life.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

2 comments

Write comments
Jessica
AUTHOR
8:35 AM delete

OMG, my girls LOVE Angry Birds! And I cannot believe how well my 4-year old navigates through the iPad. Better than I can! Crazy!

Yay for Devyn! What a proud moment for you guys. All of her hard work in ST has paid off! Good for her!

Have a wonderful girls' weekend! Can't wait to see pictures & hear all about it!

Reply
avatar
3:25 PM delete

How sweet that you and Devyn watched together! I wish McKayla had been here :)

Reply
avatar